Video: Phillip Phillips Sings 'Home' at the MLB All-Star Game
The latest winner of "American Idol", Phillip Phillips, recently performed in Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday night, July 10 for the 83rd Major League Baseball All-Star Game. He sang his coronation single "Home", dedicating it to tornado victims.
Prior to his performance, Phillips expressed his excitement on Twitter. He posted a photo of himself at rehearsals, saying, "Gettin ready for tonight!" He took the stage before the start of the game and was well received by the crowd of baseball fans.
He wrote, "Wow that was awesome!" after doing this song. He also revealed which side he's on. "National!!!!!!!!!" he voiced his support for the National League. "Chipper is the man! He was my favorite ball player when i played."
The "Idol" alum, who is currently touring with the other top ten finalists, looked quite healthy and well and showed no signs of discomfort following his surgery to remove kidney stones that caused him some pain during his run on the reality show.
His performance was followed by country singer Luke Bryan who sang the national anthem. Kellie Pickler was there as well, delivering "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch.
The All-Star game is part of a week-long celebration of America's favorite pastime, baseball. Events include a parade, a celebrity all-star softball game, and a big baseball convention.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri