Pictures: Rihanna Attending Her Grandmother's Funeral
Rihanna returned to home country of Barbados on July 10 to pay respect to her grandmother Clara "Dolly" Braithwaite who lost battle against cancer last month. Wearing a black number, she looked somber and was offered a towel at one point when she hid her face behind her hand.
Later, a picture of a sad-looking Riri holding a beer bottle was uploaded on Twitter. "I had to!!! Sorry granny," she wrote. "Gran gran Dolly, you are gonna have the BEST PARTY today," she tweeted hours earlier. "And I'm gon' try to hold it all in, and try to hold back my tears."
Dolly was hospitalized at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York before her passing in the early hours of Sunday, July 1. "Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you," Riri wrote back then.
More Rihanna News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character