Pictures: Rihanna Attending Her Grandmother's Funeral
Rihanna returned to home country of Barbados on July 10 to pay respect to her grandmother Clara "Dolly" Braithwaite who lost battle against cancer last month. Wearing a black number, she looked somber and was offered a towel at one point when she hid her face behind her hand.
Later, a picture of a sad-looking Riri holding a beer bottle was uploaded on Twitter. "I had to!!! Sorry granny," she wrote. "Gran gran Dolly, you are gonna have the BEST PARTY today," she tweeted hours earlier. "And I'm gon' try to hold it all in, and try to hold back my tears."
Dolly was hospitalized at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York before her passing in the early hours of Sunday, July 1. "Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you," Riri wrote back then.
More Rihanna News
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development