Pictures: Rihanna Attending Her Grandmother's Funeral
Rihanna returned to home country of Barbados on July 10 to pay respect to her grandmother Clara "Dolly" Braithwaite who lost battle against cancer last month. Wearing a black number, she looked somber and was offered a towel at one point when she hid her face behind her hand.
Later, a picture of a sad-looking Riri holding a beer bottle was uploaded on Twitter. "I had to!!! Sorry granny," she wrote. "Gran gran Dolly, you are gonna have the BEST PARTY today," she tweeted hours earlier. "And I'm gon' try to hold it all in, and try to hold back my tears."
Dolly was hospitalized at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York before her passing in the early hours of Sunday, July 1. "Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you," Riri wrote back then.
More Rihanna News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture