Pictures: Rihanna Attending Her Grandmother's Funeral
Rihanna returned to home country of Barbados on July 10 to pay respect to her grandmother Clara "Dolly" Braithwaite who lost battle against cancer last month. Wearing a black number, she looked somber and was offered a towel at one point when she hid her face behind her hand.
Later, a picture of a sad-looking Riri holding a beer bottle was uploaded on Twitter. "I had to!!! Sorry granny," she wrote. "Gran gran Dolly, you are gonna have the BEST PARTY today," she tweeted hours earlier. "And I'm gon' try to hold it all in, and try to hold back my tears."
Dolly was hospitalized at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York before her passing in the early hours of Sunday, July 1. "Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you," Riri wrote back then.
More Rihanna News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked