Pictures: Rihanna Attending Her Grandmother's Funeral
Rihanna returned to home country of Barbados on July 10 to pay respect to her grandmother Clara "Dolly" Braithwaite who lost battle against cancer last month. Wearing a black number, she looked somber and was offered a towel at one point when she hid her face behind her hand.
Later, a picture of a sad-looking Riri holding a beer bottle was uploaded on Twitter. "I had to!!! Sorry granny," she wrote. "Gran gran Dolly, you are gonna have the BEST PARTY today," she tweeted hours earlier. "And I'm gon' try to hold it all in, and try to hold back my tears."
Dolly was hospitalized at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York before her passing in the early hours of Sunday, July 1. "Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you," Riri wrote back then.
More Rihanna News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism