Coldplay's 'Mylo Xyloto' Comic Book to be Released at Comic-Con
The six-part comic book series inspired by Coldplay's fifth studio album "Mylo Xyloto" is set to debut at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. The band announced on Tuesday, July 10 on their official website that it is a collaborative effort with animation director Mark Osborne who has previously worked on "Kung Fu Panda".
In a Q&A segment on the website, Osborne explains how the concept of the project was formed. Of the comic's origins, he says, "The comic is the latest expression of a music-driven feature animated film that the band and I started developing several years ago."
Osborne continues to say that after finishing "Kung Fu Panda", he was looking to fulfill some dream projects which included "a new kind of 'Yellow Submarine'." After learning about the band's creative process in making "Mylo Xyloto" through a story on "60 Minutes," he contacted the band and "it turned out it was perfect timing and Chris [Martin] and I started collaborating in Los Angeles over the course of that summer."
With regards to the panel discussion being held by Osborne at the Comic -Con on Friday, 13 July, the band say that this is where fans "can ask him 'who's major minus?' and 'what the hell's the hypnofeed all about?'." They "hope you like it. it was fun making it." The production team behind the comic will also be available for autographs.
After the first edition is released at the convention (July 12-15), the rest of the issues will be available monthly starting February 2013 and will be published by Matt Groening's Bongo Comics Group. The book will revolve around Mylo's story and universe as they came together and ended up providing the backdrop for the album and tour.
"Mylo Xyloto" the album itself, was released in October 2011. The band's latest studio CD, it debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
More Coldplay News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'