Channing Tatum to Be Daredevil in Evel Knievel Biopic
Hot on heels of the news that Nina Arianda has been cast as Janis Joplin in a biopic called "Joplin", another actor is circling a movie based on the life story of an iconic figure. It was none other than Channing Tatum who is eyeing to star in a film about daredevil Evel Knievel.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tatum is set to pull off his biggest stunt yet by negotiating with Columbia Pictures to join the project. He is also in talks to serve as the producer along with Reid Carolin, who is also hired to pen the screenplay.
Joining Tatum and Carolin as the producers are Mike DeLuca and Dana Brunetti. The duo worked on "The Social Network" and have recently been tapped to produce the much-talked-about "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
The untitled Evel Knievel biopic is based on Stuart Barker's 2008 book "Life of Evel". Knievel himself, who suffered 344 broken bones throughout his career, was famously known for his motorcycle jumps between 1965 and 1980. He's also known for his stars-and-stripes getup when doing his stunt. The iconic daredevil died in 2007 at the age of 69.
As for Tatum, after recently starring in male stripper film "Magic Mike", he will reunite with director Steven Soderbergh in "The Bitter Pill". His other upcoming movies include "G.I. Joe: Retaliation", "Foxcatcher", "White House Down", "Jupiter Ascending" and "Lego: The Piece of Resistance".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics