Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Parodied by Cookie Monster
Following a string of parodies of the Carly Rae Jepsen smash, "Call Me Maybe", Cookie Monster has released his own spoof and it is no surprise that his version is about cookies. The version of the cookie fiend of Sesame Street's is titled "Share It Maybe".
The Cookie Monster sings about meeting someone for the first time. This person has cookies and the monster wants to share the snack to satisfy his craving. Despite the change, the song is still kid friendly but more geared towards adults as seen through the setting of the video which is in an office.
In the video, released Tuesday, July 10, Cookie is seen running around the office looking for a big red bowl of cookies that seems to evade him every time he gets close. His voice starts to sound more and more like pleading as the song goes on.
"You took you time with the bite/ Me trying to stay polite/ Me start to really freak out/ Please someone call the girl scout," Cookie sings in the second verse while gawking at a the bowl of cookies. He doesn't want just any other sugar-filled snack as he sings about not being phased by cupcakes with frosting, pie, ice cream, and chocolate pudding.
A reference to the original song also appears in the video. For a few seconds, two officemates are seen watching Carly Rae Jepsen's video on a computer as they munch away on the monster's favorite snack.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie