Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Parodied by Cookie Monster
Following a string of parodies of the Carly Rae Jepsen smash, "Call Me Maybe", Cookie Monster has released his own spoof and it is no surprise that his version is about cookies. The version of the cookie fiend of Sesame Street's is titled "Share It Maybe".
The Cookie Monster sings about meeting someone for the first time. This person has cookies and the monster wants to share the snack to satisfy his craving. Despite the change, the song is still kid friendly but more geared towards adults as seen through the setting of the video which is in an office.
In the video, released Tuesday, July 10, Cookie is seen running around the office looking for a big red bowl of cookies that seems to evade him every time he gets close. His voice starts to sound more and more like pleading as the song goes on.
"You took you time with the bite/ Me trying to stay polite/ Me start to really freak out/ Please someone call the girl scout," Cookie sings in the second verse while gawking at a the bowl of cookies. He doesn't want just any other sugar-filled snack as he sings about not being phased by cupcakes with frosting, pie, ice cream, and chocolate pudding.
A reference to the original song also appears in the video. For a few seconds, two officemates are seen watching Carly Rae Jepsen's video on a computer as they munch away on the monster's favorite snack.
More Carly Rae Jepsen News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower