Seth Meyers: I'm Not Replacing Regis Philbin on 'Live! with Kelly'
Seth Meyers is not going to join "Live! with Kelly" as a permanent co-host. Following report which said he's the frontrunner to be Regis Philbin's replacement, the comedian answers, "No, no, no, no, no," when asked by the Orlando Sun Sentinel if he will take the job.
The "New Year's Eve" star further indicates that he won't leave his current job as the head writer on "Saturday Night Live". "I know [Regis' replacement] is a very important thing down there," he adds. "But, right now, what I would say to you: I'm really in love with the job I have. I'm very excited to be going back [to 'SNL'] for the election season, which is always fun."
Previously, it was said that Meyers was the top candidate to be a permanent co-host to accompany Kelly Ripa. Two other strong contenders reportedly were former NFL player Michael Strahan and singer Josh Groban. All of them have appeared on the ABC talk show as guest co-hosts, with Meyers returning to co-host all episodes this week.
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday