Frank Ocean Performs on 'Jimmy Fallon' and Releases Album Early
Frank Ocean's fans are in for treat. Not only did the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All member make his television debut on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" but he also released his debut album "Channel Orange" early on iTunes.
Host Jimmy Fallon introduced Ocean before the performance, saying that they were very excited to have him and adding that his album was "available on iTunes right now." The audience was then treated to a live performance of "Bad Religion" backed by house band, The Roots.
Ocean said that he wanted to surprise his fans and the early release of the album did not disappoint. Physical copies of the album won't hit shelves until the original release date, July 17, but there has already been a lot of buzz surrounding it. However, it's too early to predict the performance of the record on sales charts.
Ocean has been in the headlines for the past few days not only because of his album but also because of his recent confession about his first love being a man. He has received support from people in the industry like Beyonce Knowles, Chely Wright, Russell Simmons and Solange Knowles.
"Channel Orange" is Ocean's debut album after he attracted attention from producers following the release of his 2011 mixtape, "Nostalgia, Ultra". The album is released under Def Jam and features John Mayer, Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000) and Earl Sweatshirt. The album can streamed on his Tumblr page.
More Frank Ocean News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media