Video: Barack Obama's Brother Appears in Anti-Obama Documentary
President Barack Obama's brother makes an appearance in a documentary called "2016: Obama's America", which features straight criticisms toward the U.S. President. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Barack's half-brother George Obama opens up about his not-so-close relationship with the President in the feature-length documentary.
The movie itself is based on Dinesh D'Souza's bestselling book "The Roots of Obama's Rage". In the film, Dinesh aims to track down George who reportedly lives in a hut "like something out of 'Slumdog Millionaire' " in Nairobi, Kenya, while his brother becomes one of the most powerful men in the world.
Sharing that he lives in poverty without any financial support from Barack, George tells Dinesh in an interview from the documentary, "I think he has a family of his own." He continues, "I'm a member of his family, but I'm over-age, so I help myself."
When Dinesh presses him further by citing the Biblical admonition that Americans should be "our brother's keeper," George wisely responded, "He's got other issues to deal with. He's taking care of the world, so he's taking care of me."
"2016: Obama's America" focuses on the alleged anger at colonialism that Barack inherited from his (and George's) father. The film examines the question, "If Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?"
Dinesh told THR that he met George at a hotel in Nairobi. "George is the rebel in Obama's family. He's the black sheep," the author said. "George doesn't go along with the worship of the father and he is politically incorrect on a lot of topics. And he's particularly interesting because he lives in rubble on a few dollars a day while his powerful, multimillionaire brother doesn't lift a finger to help him."
The documentary will be released in Houston this week and will be screened in Los Angeles next week before opening in limited U.S. theaters on July 27.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?