Tom Cruise Back to Film 'Oblivion' in California After Divorce Settlement
Amid his headline-grabbing divorce from Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise wasted no time to go back to work on his upcoming movie "Oblivion". Just a few hours after his lawyer announced the divorce settlement between him and Holmes, Cruise arrived in Mammoth, California to continue shooting the sci-fi film with filmmaker Joseph Kosinski.
On Monday, July 9, a representative for the production of "Oblivion" confirmed to E! News that Cruise has landed in Mammoth to film scenes in the mountainous resort town this week. The rep claimed that the "Valkyrie" thesp is ready to give his performance 100% despite his marriage woes.
"Tom is really pleased we got there, and so am I," attorney Bert Fields said of the actor following his divorce settlement earlier Monday. In a joint statement, Cruise and Holmes made sure that they were "committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests."
Cruise's "Oblivion" is set in the future where the Earth's surface has been irradiated beyond recognition and the remants of humanity above the cloud, safe from the brutal alien Scavengers that stalk the ruins. A repairman named Jack (Cruise) must face an unstoppable chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows, after he found a mysterious lady in a crash-landed pod.
Universal Pictures will release the film in the U.S. on April 26, 2013. Before filming in California, Cruise had shot the actioner in Iceland a few weeks ago when words were first broken that Holmes filed for divorce from him.
While Cruise has moved on with his movie project, Holmes was also preparing herself to film her upcoming movie called "Molly". The flick reportedly revolves around the life of a single mother and her daughter.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'