Video Premiere: Wonder Girls' 'Like Money' Ft. Akon
K-pop sensation Wonder Girls are back with a new single "Like Money" featuring Akon on the hook. Three teasers for its music video were released in the past week and now a full length video for the track, which is set to be released on July 10, has been revealed.
The video for the techno-pop song is set in a futuristic outer space laboratory and portrays the girls as robot-human hybrids that are "perfectly designed for complete domination." As a spaceship lands in the background, the camera zooms in on a window that shows the young South Korean girls in latex catsuits singing and dancing to the song.
Other dance scenes feature the girls in metallic dresses moving along to the beat in a room with streams of glowing blue lights. The video also shows how the robot versions of Yubin, Yenny, Sohee, Lim, and Sun are created by scientists clad in all-white suits with masks concealing their faces.
The new English-language track was written by Crystal "Chri$tyle" Nicole, the same person who wrote the group's recent single, "The DJ is Mine". It's expected to appear in their debut English-language album to drop later this year.
The all-girl Korean group broke into the scene with 2008's "Nobody", which garnered them the recognition of being the first South Korean act to break into the Billboard 100. It peaked at No. 76 on the chart and climbed higher at No. 4 on Heatseekers rundown.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed