Karl Urban Allegedly Reveals 'Star Trek' Sequel's Villain
Has the principal villain in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" sequel been revealed? As director Abrams remains tight-lipped about whom Benedict Cumberbatch is playing in the highly anticipated movie, Karl Urban has reportedly unveiled the identity of the villainous character.
During a recent promotional junket for "Dredd" in London, Urban let slip that [SPOILER ALERT!] Cumberbatch plays Gary Mitchell in the sequel. When asked by SFX what it was like to work with the "War Horse" actor, Urban spilled, "He's awesome, he's a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary."
If what Urban said was true, previous rumors suggesting that Khan was the major bad guy in "Star Trek 2" would be debunked. For those who are unfamiliar with Mitchell, the character first appeared in original series episode, "Where No Man Has Gone Before". An academy acquaintance of Kirk, Mitchell later transformed into a wrathful God-like antagonist after encountering the galactic barrier.
The untitled Star Trek sequel is slated for a May 17, 2013 release in the United States. In addition to Urban, the sci-fi movie would bring back Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho as Spock, Uhura, James T. Kirk, Pavel, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures