Karl Urban Allegedly Reveals 'Star Trek' Sequel's Villain
Has the principal villain in J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" sequel been revealed? As director Abrams remains tight-lipped about whom Benedict Cumberbatch is playing in the highly anticipated movie, Karl Urban has reportedly unveiled the identity of the villainous character.
During a recent promotional junket for "Dredd" in London, Urban let slip that [SPOILER ALERT!] Cumberbatch plays Gary Mitchell in the sequel. When asked by SFX what it was like to work with the "War Horse" actor, Urban spilled, "He's awesome, he's a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary."
If what Urban said was true, previous rumors suggesting that Khan was the major bad guy in "Star Trek 2" would be debunked. For those who are unfamiliar with Mitchell, the character first appeared in original series episode, "Where No Man Has Gone Before". An academy acquaintance of Kirk, Mitchell later transformed into a wrathful God-like antagonist after encountering the galactic barrier.
The untitled Star Trek sequel is slated for a May 17, 2013 release in the United States. In addition to Urban, the sci-fi movie would bring back Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho as Spock, Uhura, James T. Kirk, Pavel, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'