'Good Afternoon America' Debut: Liza Minnelli Interruption, TomKat Divorce
"Good Afternoon America" made its official debut on Monday, July 9 at around 2 P.M. ET, but it's not without a flaw. Hosted by "Good Morning America" team Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott, it already ran out of time on the Day One and was forced to cut short Liza Minnelli when she was mid-anecdote about the old days.
Regadless, the new show was descent enough in keeping up with today's hot topics. An extension of ABC's longrunning breakfast show "GMA", it contained similar segments that covered pop culture and popular gossips. In one of the talks, they discussed the divorce settlement between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
Logan Levkoff, who's a "sexologist," and Sherrod Small, who's a VH1 host, were brought to Times Square studio to give their opinion about the TomKat divorce. Both of them agreed that it was unwise for Holmes to have a relationship with a man whom she idolized growing up.
Elliott said, "I think we'll have a lot of fun," when opening the show. He and Spencer also showed how to save money in a grocery shopping. Their "GMA" pals George Stephanopoulos, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion sent "good luck" notes.
Minnelli catered audience with "New York, New York" performance.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?