'Good Afternoon America' Debut: Liza Minnelli Interruption, TomKat Divorce
"Good Afternoon America" made its official debut on Monday, July 9 at around 2 P.M. ET, but it's not without a flaw. Hosted by "Good Morning America" team Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott, it already ran out of time on the Day One and was forced to cut short Liza Minnelli when she was mid-anecdote about the old days.
Regadless, the new show was descent enough in keeping up with today's hot topics. An extension of ABC's longrunning breakfast show "GMA", it contained similar segments that covered pop culture and popular gossips. In one of the talks, they discussed the divorce settlement between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
Logan Levkoff, who's a "sexologist," and Sherrod Small, who's a VH1 host, were brought to Times Square studio to give their opinion about the TomKat divorce. Both of them agreed that it was unwise for Holmes to have a relationship with a man whom she idolized growing up.
Elliott said, "I think we'll have a lot of fun," when opening the show. He and Spencer also showed how to save money in a grocery shopping. Their "GMA" pals George Stephanopoulos, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion sent "good luck" notes.
Minnelli catered audience with "New York, New York" performance.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent