'Good Afternoon America' Debut: Liza Minnelli Interruption, TomKat Divorce
"Good Afternoon America" made its official debut on Monday, July 9 at around 2 P.M. ET, but it's not without a flaw. Hosted by "Good Morning America" team Lara Spencer and Josh Elliott, it already ran out of time on the Day One and was forced to cut short Liza Minnelli when she was mid-anecdote about the old days.
Regadless, the new show was descent enough in keeping up with today's hot topics. An extension of ABC's longrunning breakfast show "GMA", it contained similar segments that covered pop culture and popular gossips. In one of the talks, they discussed the divorce settlement between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
Logan Levkoff, who's a "sexologist," and Sherrod Small, who's a VH1 host, were brought to Times Square studio to give their opinion about the TomKat divorce. Both of them agreed that it was unwise for Holmes to have a relationship with a man whom she idolized growing up.
Elliott said, "I think we'll have a lot of fun," when opening the show. He and Spencer also showed how to save money in a grocery shopping. Their "GMA" pals George Stephanopoulos, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion sent "good luck" notes.
Minnelli catered audience with "New York, New York" performance.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'