Ne-Yo's New Single 'Let Me Love You' Makes Its Way Out
R&B singer Ne-Yo has released a new dance track coming from his upcoming album "R.E.D." due to drop in the United States later this year. Following the disappointing performance of his previous track "Lazy Love" on the charts, the 32-year-old singer puts out a track that bears a stark contrast in terms of tempo.
Called "Let Me Love You (Until Your Learn to Love Yourself)", this new song featuring a thumping and booming bass sound is a potential summer jam. It makes use of a faster beat that is not typically Ne-Yo's style, but the smooth sound of his vocals still resembles his older more R&B vibes. The track starts out slow with just a keyboard and the singer crooning, before it progresses into a heavier sound with more percussions until it becomes a full-fledged party song.
In the song, Ne-Yo serenades a girl who is afraid to love. He sings, "Much as you blame yourself, you can't be blamed for the way you feel/ Had no example of a love, that was even remotely real/ How can you understand something that you never had," which he follows with declaring, "Ooh baby if you let me, I can help you out with all of that."
Ne-Yo has shot a music video with Christopher Sims and had three-week preparation before shooting. JustJared reports that an all-dance version of the video will be released exclusively online this week.
The upbeat love song is Ne-Yo's second release to come out in past few days following a music video premiere for his joint track with rapper-producer Timbaland, "Hands in the Air". The duo recorded it for the soundtrack of the new "Step Up" movie, "Step Up Revolution".
"R.E.D." comes out in stores on September 18 across the country.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones