Ne-Yo's New Single 'Let Me Love You' Makes Its Way Out
R&B singer Ne-Yo has released a new dance track coming from his upcoming album "R.E.D." due to drop in the United States later this year. Following the disappointing performance of his previous track "Lazy Love" on the charts, the 32-year-old singer puts out a track that bears a stark contrast in terms of tempo.
Called "Let Me Love You (Until Your Learn to Love Yourself)", this new song featuring a thumping and booming bass sound is a potential summer jam. It makes use of a faster beat that is not typically Ne-Yo's style, but the smooth sound of his vocals still resembles his older more R&B vibes. The track starts out slow with just a keyboard and the singer crooning, before it progresses into a heavier sound with more percussions until it becomes a full-fledged party song.
In the song, Ne-Yo serenades a girl who is afraid to love. He sings, "Much as you blame yourself, you can't be blamed for the way you feel/ Had no example of a love, that was even remotely real/ How can you understand something that you never had," which he follows with declaring, "Ooh baby if you let me, I can help you out with all of that."
Ne-Yo has shot a music video with Christopher Sims and had three-week preparation before shooting. JustJared reports that an all-dance version of the video will be released exclusively online this week.
The upbeat love song is Ne-Yo's second release to come out in past few days following a music video premiere for his joint track with rapper-producer Timbaland, "Hands in the Air". The duo recorded it for the soundtrack of the new "Step Up" movie, "Step Up Revolution".
"R.E.D." comes out in stores on September 18 across the country.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch