Usher's Family Friend Under Investigation After Stepson Accident
The man who rode the jet ski striking Kyle Glover, the son of Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster, and another teen has been identified. A family friend, 38-year-old Jeffrey S. Hubbard of Atlanta, is under investigation over the accident that left the 11-year-old boy brain dead.
"One minute the jet ski was running around, the next he ran over the top of them. It happened that quickly," Sgt. Mike Burgamy of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources told New York Daily News. "It appears the watercraft did strike both juveniles, with the male taking the brunt of the force."
Investigators didn't believe alcohol and mechanical malfunction were involved. They will determine what happened by recreating the accident on the lake. Burgamy explained to the News, "Once we gather all our info, we'll talk to the District Attorney and discuss it with them to decide what action to take."
Kyle was unresponsive when taken out of water and was rushed to Child's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston after the accident at Lake Lanier. He has not experienced any brain activity since he was admitted to hospital over the weekend. "He's bad," Tameka told RadarOnline.
Celebrity friends alike have since sent their prayers and supports to the family. Jada Pinkett Smith tweeted, "Our prayers are yours Usher, Tameka and to all those who have put love into your son. Our prayers are with you as well. Be strong."
Russell Simmons wrote, "My heartfelt prayers for Tameka and Usher. Can't even imagine . . ." Sherri Shepherd added, "My heart hurts for Kyle Glover, Tameka Raymond's 11-year-old son. Praying for her, Usher and family. Mother love."
Tia Mowry posted, "My prayers go out to Usher and his family!" Toni Braxton joined the prayers, "My heart and prayers go out to Tameka Raymond and Usher Raymond IV during this extremely difficult time."
Wendy Williams also sent hers, "My prayers go out desperately to Tameka and Usher Raymond. May God shine light on your entire family." Fantasia Barrino added, "Everyone, PLEASE pray for Usher and Tameka's son! This is the time they really need your prayers."
Donny Osmond additionally tweeted, "My prayers go out to Usher Usher Raymond IV and his family. His stepson was declared brain dead after a jet ski accident. Please pray for them."
More Usher News
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!