'90210' Taps Carly Rae Jepsen on Season 5 Premiere
The CW's "90210" will open the fifth season with a performance from Canadian star Carly Rae Jepsen. The "Call Me Maybe" singer will perform a song from her new album in the episode where she is the music headliner for Adrianna's Las Vegas premiere, which is interrupted when Adrianna gets devastating news about Dixon.
"We fell in love with her song when we first heard it, and used it in last season's finale before it was a national sensation," said executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen. "We think she's an exciting artist and are thrilled to be able to have her music on the show again, this time in a live performance in our season premiere."
The episode where Dixon got into a car accident is scheduled to air on Monday, October 8. Former series regular Trevor Donovan will return in the new season as Silver's gay BFF Teddy. Meanwhile, series regular Gillian Zinser, who played Ivy, and Justin Deeley, who recurred as Naomi's on-and-off boyfriend Austin, are written out of the show.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs