'90210' Taps Carly Rae Jepsen on Season 5 Premiere
The CW's "90210" will open the fifth season with a performance from Canadian star Carly Rae Jepsen. The "Call Me Maybe" singer will perform a song from her new album in the episode where she is the music headliner for Adrianna's Las Vegas premiere, which is interrupted when Adrianna gets devastating news about Dixon.
"We fell in love with her song when we first heard it, and used it in last season's finale before it was a national sensation," said executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen. "We think she's an exciting artist and are thrilled to be able to have her music on the show again, this time in a live performance in our season premiere."
The episode where Dixon got into a car accident is scheduled to air on Monday, October 8. Former series regular Trevor Donovan will return in the new season as Silver's gay BFF Teddy. Meanwhile, series regular Gillian Zinser, who played Ivy, and Justin Deeley, who recurred as Naomi's on-and-off boyfriend Austin, are written out of the show.
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof