'90210' Taps Carly Rae Jepsen on Season 5 Premiere
The CW's "90210" will open the fifth season with a performance from Canadian star Carly Rae Jepsen. The "Call Me Maybe" singer will perform a song from her new album in the episode where she is the music headliner for Adrianna's Las Vegas premiere, which is interrupted when Adrianna gets devastating news about Dixon.
"We fell in love with her song when we first heard it, and used it in last season's finale before it was a national sensation," said executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen. "We think she's an exciting artist and are thrilled to be able to have her music on the show again, this time in a live performance in our season premiere."
The episode where Dixon got into a car accident is scheduled to air on Monday, October 8. Former series regular Trevor Donovan will return in the new season as Silver's gay BFF Teddy. Meanwhile, series regular Gillian Zinser, who played Ivy, and Justin Deeley, who recurred as Naomi's on-and-off boyfriend Austin, are written out of the show.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed