'90210' Taps Carly Rae Jepsen on Season 5 Premiere
The CW's "90210" will open the fifth season with a performance from Canadian star Carly Rae Jepsen. The "Call Me Maybe" singer will perform a song from her new album in the episode where she is the music headliner for Adrianna's Las Vegas premiere, which is interrupted when Adrianna gets devastating news about Dixon.
"We fell in love with her song when we first heard it, and used it in last season's finale before it was a national sensation," said executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen. "We think she's an exciting artist and are thrilled to be able to have her music on the show again, this time in a live performance in our season premiere."
The episode where Dixon got into a car accident is scheduled to air on Monday, October 8. Former series regular Trevor Donovan will return in the new season as Silver's gay BFF Teddy. Meanwhile, series regular Gillian Zinser, who played Ivy, and Justin Deeley, who recurred as Naomi's on-and-off boyfriend Austin, are written out of the show.
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!