'90210' Taps Carly Rae Jepsen on Season 5 Premiere
The CW's "90210" will open the fifth season with a performance from Canadian star Carly Rae Jepsen. The "Call Me Maybe" singer will perform a song from her new album in the episode where she is the music headliner for Adrianna's Las Vegas premiere, which is interrupted when Adrianna gets devastating news about Dixon.
"We fell in love with her song when we first heard it, and used it in last season's finale before it was a national sensation," said executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen. "We think she's an exciting artist and are thrilled to be able to have her music on the show again, this time in a live performance in our season premiere."
The episode where Dixon got into a car accident is scheduled to air on Monday, October 8. Former series regular Trevor Donovan will return in the new season as Silver's gay BFF Teddy. Meanwhile, series regular Gillian Zinser, who played Ivy, and Justin Deeley, who recurred as Naomi's on-and-off boyfriend Austin, are written out of the show.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'