Laura Dern and Ben Harper's Divorce Is Back On
Ben Harper filed for divorce from his wife, Laura Dern, nearly two years ago and surprised everyone when they attended the Golden Globes together last January. Their public reunion sparked some talk about a possible reconciliation, but according to TMZ, the actress "has filed legal papers reactivating the dormant divorce."
Although they looked very happy when attending the HBO party at the Beverly Hiton following Dern's win for Best Actress in a Television Musical or Comedy, their attempted reconciliation was allegedly rocky. Now the "Enlightened" actress wants to continue with the divorce proceedings.
In the documents filed by Laura Wasser, an attorney who has handled many celebrity divorces, Dern is asking for primary physical and joint legal custody of their two children, ten-year-old Ellery, and Jaya who is seven years old. She is also seeking child support, spousal support, as well as payment for attorney's fees.
Dern said that she was "blindsided" when her husband filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences in 2010. Although the Grammy-winning Harper said that they were separated at the time, friends claimed that the couple had been spending more time together. When the singer filed for divorce, he did not want to provide spousal support.
The couple married back in 2005 after meeting at one of Harper's concerts in 2000. Harper was separated from his first wife Joanne, with whom he has two children, at the time.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army