First 'Pacific Rim' Poster Highlights Super Massive Jaeger
After Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" unveiled a new Comic-Con poster, Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" follows the footsteps by debuting its very first one-sheet. The poster highlights the sci-fier's main robot, Jaeger.
There are two armor-clad men pictured standing on the shoulder of the obsolete robot. They seem to be Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba's characters, who look very tiny compared to Jaeger's super massive figure.
"Pacific Rim" follows a washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus and an untested trainee called Mako Mori. Together, they drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. They stand as mankind's last hope when legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea and aiming to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
Hunnam tackles the part of Antrobus, while Rinko Kikuchi plays Mori. Elba, meanwhile, stars as General Stacker Pentecost. The movie will make its way out onto theaters across the United States on July 12, 2013. Before that, it will hold a Hall H panel at Comic-Con at 2:30-5:00 P.M. on Saturday, July 14.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'