First 'Pacific Rim' Poster Highlights Super Massive Jaeger
After Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" unveiled a new Comic-Con poster, Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" follows the footsteps by debuting its very first one-sheet. The poster highlights the sci-fier's main robot, Jaeger.
There are two armor-clad men pictured standing on the shoulder of the obsolete robot. They seem to be Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba's characters, who look very tiny compared to Jaeger's super massive figure.
"Pacific Rim" follows a washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus and an untested trainee called Mako Mori. Together, they drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. They stand as mankind's last hope when legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea and aiming to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
Hunnam tackles the part of Antrobus, while Rinko Kikuchi plays Mori. Elba, meanwhile, stars as General Stacker Pentecost. The movie will make its way out onto theaters across the United States on July 12, 2013. Before that, it will hold a Hall H panel at Comic-Con at 2:30-5:00 P.M. on Saturday, July 14.
More Pacific Rim News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner