Artist of the Week: 2 Chainz
Fifteen years after he formed hip hop duo Playaz Circle with Dolla Boy, 2 Chainz finally gets a chance to make his first solo album which is due August 14. He enlists such A-list artists as Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Kanye West, Ludacris and Rick Ross in the set titled "Based on a T.R.U. Story".
The lead single "No Lie", which features the Canadian rapper Drake, has been released in May and received warm response. Debuting at No. 45 on Billboard Hot 100, the track later climbed to reach its peak position at No. 40.
Prior to the upcoming studio installment, 2 Chainz who initially used Tity Boi as his stage name enjoyed a success on music chart with his 2011 mixtape titled "T.R.U. REALigion". It became his first album to appear on a music chart, peaking at No. 58 on Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, additionally has his vocals featured in other artists' commercially successful singles, including Yeezy's "Mercy", which peaked at No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100, and Minaj's "Beez in the Trap" which achieved a peak position of 48 on the same chart.
Recently unveiling a promo art for his debut studio installment, 2 Chainz also gushed about what to expect in the album. "The music is as dope as the art work," he once told Hip-Hop Wired. "I want people to always expect the highest quality of music and artistry from me. This includes something as simple as the album art."
More 2 Chainz News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set