Artist of the Week: 2 Chainz
Fifteen years after he formed hip hop duo Playaz Circle with Dolla Boy, 2 Chainz finally gets a chance to make his first solo album which is due August 14. He enlists such A-list artists as Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Kanye West, Ludacris and Rick Ross in the set titled "Based on a T.R.U. Story".
The lead single "No Lie", which features the Canadian rapper Drake, has been released in May and received warm response. Debuting at No. 45 on Billboard Hot 100, the track later climbed to reach its peak position at No. 40.
Prior to the upcoming studio installment, 2 Chainz who initially used Tity Boi as his stage name enjoyed a success on music chart with his 2011 mixtape titled "T.R.U. REALigion". It became his first album to appear on a music chart, peaking at No. 58 on Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, additionally has his vocals featured in other artists' commercially successful singles, including Yeezy's "Mercy", which peaked at No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100, and Minaj's "Beez in the Trap" which achieved a peak position of 48 on the same chart.
Recently unveiling a promo art for his debut studio installment, 2 Chainz also gushed about what to expect in the album. "The music is as dope as the art work," he once told Hip-Hop Wired. "I want people to always expect the highest quality of music and artistry from me. This includes something as simple as the album art."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group