Artist of the Week: 2 Chainz
Fifteen years after he formed hip hop duo Playaz Circle with Dolla Boy, 2 Chainz finally gets a chance to make his first solo album which is due August 14. He enlists such A-list artists as Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Kanye West, Ludacris and Rick Ross in the set titled "Based on a T.R.U. Story".
The lead single "No Lie", which features the Canadian rapper Drake, has been released in May and received warm response. Debuting at No. 45 on Billboard Hot 100, the track later climbed to reach its peak position at No. 40.
Prior to the upcoming studio installment, 2 Chainz who initially used Tity Boi as his stage name enjoyed a success on music chart with his 2011 mixtape titled "T.R.U. REALigion". It became his first album to appear on a music chart, peaking at No. 58 on Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, additionally has his vocals featured in other artists' commercially successful singles, including Yeezy's "Mercy", which peaked at No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100, and Minaj's "Beez in the Trap" which achieved a peak position of 48 on the same chart.
Recently unveiling a promo art for his debut studio installment, 2 Chainz also gushed about what to expect in the album. "The music is as dope as the art work," he once told Hip-Hop Wired. "I want people to always expect the highest quality of music and artistry from me. This includes something as simple as the album art."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune