Angelina Jolie's Engagement Ring Makes Its Debut in Bosnia
Angelina Jolie showed off her engagement ring from longtime partner Brad Pitt for the first time on Saturday, July 7 when she attended Sarajevo Film Festival in Bosnia. The 37-year-old actress wore the 4 carat sparkler and waved her hand to the crowd.
Jolie was at the festival to receive the Honorary Citizen of Sarajevo from Prime Minister of the Sarajevo Canton, Fikret Music, for her contributions to the country. She directed her first film "In the Land of Blood and Honey", a love story set during Bosnian War.
"The time I spent and the people I met in Bosnia have changed me forever," she said. "I can't tell you how much it means to me to be named an honorary citizen of Sarajevo, a city so dear to my heart." Talking about the movie, she said, "It was the hardest thing I have ever done because of my deep respect for the people that really experienced it. The experience here was so unique for me that I felt very connected to the people."
The diamond ring reportedly cost $500,000 and was co-designed by Pitt and jeweler Robert Procop. The engagement was not confirmed until April when a photographer snapped a picture of the ring when she attended a private viewing at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's Chinese Galleries. Jolie has not made any public attendance since.
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet