Angelina Jolie's Engagement Ring Makes Its Debut in Bosnia
Angelina Jolie showed off her engagement ring from longtime partner Brad Pitt for the first time on Saturday, July 7 when she attended Sarajevo Film Festival in Bosnia. The 37-year-old actress wore the 4 carat sparkler and waved her hand to the crowd.
Jolie was at the festival to receive the Honorary Citizen of Sarajevo from Prime Minister of the Sarajevo Canton, Fikret Music, for her contributions to the country. She directed her first film "In the Land of Blood and Honey", a love story set during Bosnian War.
"The time I spent and the people I met in Bosnia have changed me forever," she said. "I can't tell you how much it means to me to be named an honorary citizen of Sarajevo, a city so dear to my heart." Talking about the movie, she said, "It was the hardest thing I have ever done because of my deep respect for the people that really experienced it. The experience here was so unique for me that I felt very connected to the people."
The diamond ring reportedly cost $500,000 and was co-designed by Pitt and jeweler Robert Procop. The engagement was not confirmed until April when a photographer snapped a picture of the ring when she attended a private viewing at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's Chinese Galleries. Jolie has not made any public attendance since.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip