Scarlett Johansson May Be Highest Paid Actress After 'The Avengers 2'
Scarlett Johansson is set to take the title of highest paid female actor of all time as she has been offered 13 million pound to take the role of Black Widow once again. The British media are reporting that producers want the 27-year-old to reprise Agent Natasha Romanoff in "The Avengers 2".
"Scarlett is the hottest star in Hollywood and her inclusion in the sequel is a must," a source told The Sun. "Producers think that as the only lead woman in the film male fans have found her a key ingredient - both for sex and story appeal. She is loved by critics too."
Money may not be a problem for the producers because the first movie raked in 936 million pounds in the worldwide box office. The other "Avengers" stars, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, reportedly will also see a 50 percent pay rise in the sequel.
Johansson will replace Angelina Jolie as highest paid actress if she indeed gets such paycheck. Jolie took 12.2 million pounds when starring in 2010's "The Tourist".
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie