Scarlett Johansson May Be Highest Paid Actress After 'The Avengers 2'
Scarlett Johansson is set to take the title of highest paid female actor of all time as she has been offered 13 million pound to take the role of Black Widow once again. The British media are reporting that producers want the 27-year-old to reprise Agent Natasha Romanoff in "The Avengers 2".
"Scarlett is the hottest star in Hollywood and her inclusion in the sequel is a must," a source told The Sun. "Producers think that as the only lead woman in the film male fans have found her a key ingredient - both for sex and story appeal. She is loved by critics too."
Money may not be a problem for the producers because the first movie raked in 936 million pounds in the worldwide box office. The other "Avengers" stars, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, reportedly will also see a 50 percent pay rise in the sequel.
Johansson will replace Angelina Jolie as highest paid actress if she indeed gets such paycheck. Jolie took 12.2 million pounds when starring in 2010's "The Tourist".
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass