Scarlett Johansson May Be Highest Paid Actress After 'The Avengers 2'
Scarlett Johansson is set to take the title of highest paid female actor of all time as she has been offered 13 million pound to take the role of Black Widow once again. The British media are reporting that producers want the 27-year-old to reprise Agent Natasha Romanoff in "The Avengers 2".
"Scarlett is the hottest star in Hollywood and her inclusion in the sequel is a must," a source told The Sun. "Producers think that as the only lead woman in the film male fans have found her a key ingredient - both for sex and story appeal. She is loved by critics too."
Money may not be a problem for the producers because the first movie raked in 936 million pounds in the worldwide box office. The other "Avengers" stars, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, reportedly will also see a 50 percent pay rise in the sequel.
Johansson will replace Angelina Jolie as highest paid actress if she indeed gets such paycheck. Jolie took 12.2 million pounds when starring in 2010's "The Tourist".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences