Scarlett Johansson May Be Highest Paid Actress After 'The Avengers 2'
Scarlett Johansson is set to take the title of highest paid female actor of all time as she has been offered 13 million pound to take the role of Black Widow once again. The British media are reporting that producers want the 27-year-old to reprise Agent Natasha Romanoff in "The Avengers 2".
"Scarlett is the hottest star in Hollywood and her inclusion in the sequel is a must," a source told The Sun. "Producers think that as the only lead woman in the film male fans have found her a key ingredient - both for sex and story appeal. She is loved by critics too."
Money may not be a problem for the producers because the first movie raked in 936 million pounds in the worldwide box office. The other "Avengers" stars, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, reportedly will also see a 50 percent pay rise in the sequel.
Johansson will replace Angelina Jolie as highest paid actress if she indeed gets such paycheck. Jolie took 12.2 million pounds when starring in 2010's "The Tourist".
More Avengers: Age of Ultron News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story