Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Reportedly Negotiating Settlement
Although Katie Holmes made it explosive with her filings which were made public last week, she reportedly is negotiating a low key divorce. Her lawyers allegedly are negotiating a full divorce settlement with husband Tom Cruise's legal team.
The couple doesn't want the case to go to court. According to TMZ, the lawyers will discuss child custody, visitation, child support and a property settlement in a "calm" manner. There will be no court hearing in the foreseeable future unless negotiations fall apart.
TMZ's source also added that Cruise will not have to move the case to California where he could get better chance to win joint custody. If the settlement went as planned, it could be ratified in New York.
Holmes had a meeting with her lawyer Allan Mayefsky and his partner Michael Mosberg at a midtown Manhattan on Friday, July 6. Cruise and his lawyer Bert Fields are still waiting on what the other side will do until they have something to say in public.
More Katie Holmes News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance