Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Reportedly Negotiating Settlement
Although Katie Holmes made it explosive with her filings which were made public last week, she reportedly is negotiating a low key divorce. Her lawyers allegedly are negotiating a full divorce settlement with husband Tom Cruise's legal team.
The couple doesn't want the case to go to court. According to TMZ, the lawyers will discuss child custody, visitation, child support and a property settlement in a "calm" manner. There will be no court hearing in the foreseeable future unless negotiations fall apart.
TMZ's source also added that Cruise will not have to move the case to California where he could get better chance to win joint custody. If the settlement went as planned, it could be ratified in New York.
Holmes had a meeting with her lawyer Allan Mayefsky and his partner Michael Mosberg at a midtown Manhattan on Friday, July 6. Cruise and his lawyer Bert Fields are still waiting on what the other side will do until they have something to say in public.
More Katie Holmes News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?