Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Reportedly Negotiating Settlement
Although Katie Holmes made it explosive with her filings which were made public last week, she reportedly is negotiating a low key divorce. Her lawyers allegedly are negotiating a full divorce settlement with husband Tom Cruise's legal team.
The couple doesn't want the case to go to court. According to TMZ, the lawyers will discuss child custody, visitation, child support and a property settlement in a "calm" manner. There will be no court hearing in the foreseeable future unless negotiations fall apart.
TMZ's source also added that Cruise will not have to move the case to California where he could get better chance to win joint custody. If the settlement went as planned, it could be ratified in New York.
Holmes had a meeting with her lawyer Allan Mayefsky and his partner Michael Mosberg at a midtown Manhattan on Friday, July 6. Cruise and his lawyer Bert Fields are still waiting on what the other side will do until they have something to say in public.
More Katie Holmes News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair