Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Reportedly Negotiating Settlement
Although Katie Holmes made it explosive with her filings which were made public last week, she reportedly is negotiating a low key divorce. Her lawyers allegedly are negotiating a full divorce settlement with husband Tom Cruise's legal team.
The couple doesn't want the case to go to court. According to TMZ, the lawyers will discuss child custody, visitation, child support and a property settlement in a "calm" manner. There will be no court hearing in the foreseeable future unless negotiations fall apart.
TMZ's source also added that Cruise will not have to move the case to California where he could get better chance to win joint custody. If the settlement went as planned, it could be ratified in New York.
Holmes had a meeting with her lawyer Allan Mayefsky and his partner Michael Mosberg at a midtown Manhattan on Friday, July 6. Cruise and his lawyer Bert Fields are still waiting on what the other side will do until they have something to say in public.
More Katie Holmes News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'