Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Reportedly Negotiating Settlement
Although Katie Holmes made it explosive with her filings which were made public last week, she reportedly is negotiating a low key divorce. Her lawyers allegedly are negotiating a full divorce settlement with husband Tom Cruise's legal team.
The couple doesn't want the case to go to court. According to TMZ, the lawyers will discuss child custody, visitation, child support and a property settlement in a "calm" manner. There will be no court hearing in the foreseeable future unless negotiations fall apart.
TMZ's source also added that Cruise will not have to move the case to California where he could get better chance to win joint custody. If the settlement went as planned, it could be ratified in New York.
Holmes had a meeting with her lawyer Allan Mayefsky and his partner Michael Mosberg at a midtown Manhattan on Friday, July 6. Cruise and his lawyer Bert Fields are still waiting on what the other side will do until they have something to say in public.
More Katie Holmes News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage