Former Cro-Mags Bassist Slashed Band Members Before Show
Former bassist of Cro-Mags attacked the band members before the punk band were to take the stage at the CBGB Festival in New York City. The concert which was held at Webster Hall was forced to shut down after Harley Flanagan hurt William Berario and Michael Couls with a hunting knife.
According to reports, Flanagan looked "weird" and acted like a "lunatic" outside the venue before the show. He then stormed into the VIP area and entered the band's dressing room where he slashed Berario above the eye and bit his cheek. Couls was stabbed in the arm and stomach area. Panic ensued.
It reportedly took six beefy men to put down Flanagan who suffered broken leg in the ordeal. He was handcuffed to a chair by the police and carried out of the Hall. "People started booing him and throwing stuff at him," a witness told the Post. "His hands were handcuffed but he still gave everyone the finger."
Berario and Couls were taken to hospital but their wounds were not life-threatening. Flanagan, who was with the band for more than a decade, was charged with two counts of second degree assault and a weapons charge.
"We are saddened to learn about the events that occurred last night at Webster Hall," the organizers of the CBGB Festival said in a statement. "Our primary concern is always the safety and experience of New Yorkers, music fans and the general public. Naturally we will fully cooperate with law enforcement while hoping for the speedy recovery of those injured."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby