Former Cro-Mags Bassist Slashed Band Members Before Show
Former bassist of Cro-Mags attacked the band members before the punk band were to take the stage at the CBGB Festival in New York City. The concert which was held at Webster Hall was forced to shut down after Harley Flanagan hurt William Berario and Michael Couls with a hunting knife.
According to reports, Flanagan looked "weird" and acted like a "lunatic" outside the venue before the show. He then stormed into the VIP area and entered the band's dressing room where he slashed Berario above the eye and bit his cheek. Couls was stabbed in the arm and stomach area. Panic ensued.
It reportedly took six beefy men to put down Flanagan who suffered broken leg in the ordeal. He was handcuffed to a chair by the police and carried out of the Hall. "People started booing him and throwing stuff at him," a witness told the Post. "His hands were handcuffed but he still gave everyone the finger."
Berario and Couls were taken to hospital but their wounds were not life-threatening. Flanagan, who was with the band for more than a decade, was charged with two counts of second degree assault and a weapons charge.
"We are saddened to learn about the events that occurred last night at Webster Hall," the organizers of the CBGB Festival said in a statement. "Our primary concern is always the safety and experience of New Yorkers, music fans and the general public. Naturally we will fully cooperate with law enforcement while hoping for the speedy recovery of those injured."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival