Report: Disney Developing 'Hocus Pocus' Sequel
Fans of 1993's Halloween-themed comedy "Hocus Pocus" might have a chance to see the popular vacuum-riding witch trio returning to the big screen. Moviehole has the words that Walt Disney Pictures is currently developing a sequel to the Sarah Jessica Parker-starring fantasy movie.
According to the report, the possible sequel will be titled "Hocus Pocus 2: Rise of the Elderwitch". It will likely feature new cast members since some of the original stars have now become in-demand actresses. The story is said to be an "all-new tale, though set in the same surrounds as the first film and likely tackling similar teritory."
Directed by Kenny Ortega, the original "Hocus Pocus" starred Parker, Kathy Najimy and Bette Midler as Sarah, Mary and Winnie Sanderson respectively. The three witch sisters were, after 300 years, resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night by a teenager named Max. After waking the witches up, Max must risk his life to protect his sister and defeat them with the help of a classmate crush and an immortal black cat.
No words from Disney have been released regarding the report, but it is said that the sequel has been planned to be released sometime in 2013.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce