Report: Disney Developing 'Hocus Pocus' Sequel
Fans of 1993's Halloween-themed comedy "Hocus Pocus" might have a chance to see the popular vacuum-riding witch trio returning to the big screen. Moviehole has the words that Walt Disney Pictures is currently developing a sequel to the Sarah Jessica Parker-starring fantasy movie.
According to the report, the possible sequel will be titled "Hocus Pocus 2: Rise of the Elderwitch". It will likely feature new cast members since some of the original stars have now become in-demand actresses. The story is said to be an "all-new tale, though set in the same surrounds as the first film and likely tackling similar teritory."
Directed by Kenny Ortega, the original "Hocus Pocus" starred Parker, Kathy Najimy and Bette Midler as Sarah, Mary and Winnie Sanderson respectively. The three witch sisters were, after 300 years, resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night by a teenager named Max. After waking the witches up, Max must risk his life to protect his sister and defeat them with the help of a classmate crush and an immortal black cat.
No words from Disney have been released regarding the report, but it is said that the sequel has been planned to be released sometime in 2013.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage