Natalie Wood's Cause of Death Changed From 'Accident' to 'Undetermined'
Natalie Wood's death certificate has been altered. The documents initially ruled her passing as "accident," but now changes it to "undetermined." The change was made since some of the bruises on her body were inconsistent with death by drowning.
According to TMZ, the L.A. County Coroner filed the documents late last month and informed the late actress' family about the change on Friday, July 6. Authorities told the family they could not definitely prove whether her death was an accident or due to foul play, but they confirmed she did die from drowning.
Wood passed away at the age of 43 after falling into the water while boating with her husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken. Last year, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced they opened a new investigation into her death nearly 30 years after the incident.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'