Natalie Wood's Cause of Death Changed From 'Accident' to 'Undetermined'
Natalie Wood's death certificate has been altered. The documents initially ruled her passing as "accident," but now changes it to "undetermined." The change was made since some of the bruises on her body were inconsistent with death by drowning.
According to TMZ, the L.A. County Coroner filed the documents late last month and informed the late actress' family about the change on Friday, July 6. Authorities told the family they could not definitely prove whether her death was an accident or due to foul play, but they confirmed she did die from drowning.
Wood passed away at the age of 43 after falling into the water while boating with her husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken. Last year, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced they opened a new investigation into her death nearly 30 years after the incident.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift