Justin Bieber Ticketed for Speeding After Being Chased by Paparazzi
Justin Bieber was busted for speeding on a 101 highway on July 6 at about 10:45 A.M. after a call complaining of a freeway chase on the southbound near Studio City. The 18-year-old Canadian singer insisted he had a good reason to drive his car above the speed limit, claiming he was being chased by paparazzi.
Bieber driving his $100,000 hybrid Fisker Karma was pulled over by California Highway Patrol Officer Ming Hsu and was cited for driving in excess of 65 mph. "Bieber was driving like a maniac. He was weaving in and out of traffic. There was hardly any space between cars as he weaved from lane to lane," said an eyewitness, L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine.
The former LAPD officer believed Bieber should be arrested. He told TMZ, "If I was on patrol, I would have arrested him for reckless driving. I was going 60 and he drove by me like he was in a rocket ship. He was a maniac." In addition to slamming the singer, the councilman blamed the paparazzi for being incredibly irresponsible.
The shutterbugs who were following Bieber allegedly were undeterred by the incident and continued tailing the teen a short moments after he got the ticket. The singer then called 911 for help and was pulled over for a second time by cop along with the cameramen. They were let go after being warned to behave themselves.
Bieber's camp didn't immediately issue a statement when asked for comment, but his manager Scooter Braun fired back at Zine, saying he was "just a councilman looking for a headline." According to law enforcement sources, the cops were investigating the paparazzi for creating a hazardous situation.
More Justin Bieber News
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip