Justin Bieber Ticketed for Speeding After Being Chased by Paparazzi
Justin Bieber was busted for speeding on a 101 highway on July 6 at about 10:45 A.M. after a call complaining of a freeway chase on the southbound near Studio City. The 18-year-old Canadian singer insisted he had a good reason to drive his car above the speed limit, claiming he was being chased by paparazzi.
Bieber driving his $100,000 hybrid Fisker Karma was pulled over by California Highway Patrol Officer Ming Hsu and was cited for driving in excess of 65 mph. "Bieber was driving like a maniac. He was weaving in and out of traffic. There was hardly any space between cars as he weaved from lane to lane," said an eyewitness, L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine.
The former LAPD officer believed Bieber should be arrested. He told TMZ, "If I was on patrol, I would have arrested him for reckless driving. I was going 60 and he drove by me like he was in a rocket ship. He was a maniac." In addition to slamming the singer, the councilman blamed the paparazzi for being incredibly irresponsible.
The shutterbugs who were following Bieber allegedly were undeterred by the incident and continued tailing the teen a short moments after he got the ticket. The singer then called 911 for help and was pulled over for a second time by cop along with the cameramen. They were let go after being warned to behave themselves.
Bieber's camp didn't immediately issue a statement when asked for comment, but his manager Scooter Braun fired back at Zine, saying he was "just a councilman looking for a headline." According to law enforcement sources, the cops were investigating the paparazzi for creating a hazardous situation.
More Justin Bieber News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics