'Bones' Season 8: Booth Is Furious for Being Abandoned by Brennan
When "Bones" returns with its new season this fall, Booth is not happy that Brennan left him and took their child with her. Though he understands it's "the only logical thing she could do" after serial killer Christopher Pelant framed Brennan for a murder in the season 7 finale, the father of two is still "furious," so executive producer Stephen Nathan says.
"He's furious with Brennan because [he thinks], 'Wasn't there some way that she could include him? Why didn't she trust him with that information?'," Nathan explains. Still, he claims that the writer team will portray Booth as "the honorable man that he has been for seven seasons."
As for whether Brennan will still be seen on the run in the beginning of the upcoming season, Nathan shares, "[The premiere] is all about trying to clear Brennan, bringing her back in and finding something that will put Pelant away. When we come back, that's the first order of business."
"Whether they're successful in all of those pursuits remains to be seen," he adds, before promising that Brennan will be back soon, "I can't imagine they will be successful in all those pursuits, but we certainly want to see Brennan come home."
Hinting that Pelant will spread more terror to the beloved couple and the Jeffersonian team, Nathan tells TV Guide, "He'll be around next season. Believe me, [clearing Brennan's name] is only the first hurdle that the team will be crossing. Pelant is by no means gone. He is going to surprise the team - and us - at every turn. I can guarantee that. Pelant's [story] is going to unfold in a way that I don't think anyone will foresee."
"Bones" season 8 will premiere Monday, September 17 at 8/7c on FOX. Fans can expect to get more scoops on the upcoming chapter when the show is presented at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 13. A poster which will be displayed at the panel has been released via TVLine.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes