Burly Bane Gathers His Mercenaries in New 'Dark Knight Rises' Viral Poster
"The Dark Knight Rises" main antagonist, Bane, has spread his latest terror in a newly released viral poster. The burly terrorist is pictured from the back with a host of masked mercenaries gathering around and raising their rifles. The one-sheet, which was unveiled via IMPAwards, also has jargon that reads, "RISE."
Almost at the same time the viral poster hit the web, a new international TV spot for the Batman movie was released. The promotional video shows some new scenes, including those which see Bruce Wayne sharing some light jokes with his trusted armorer Lucius Fox.
Marking the third and final Batman movie from Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight Rises" will see Bane arriving in Gotham City and forcing the Caped Crusader to resurface after taking the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes. Playing the supervillain is Tom Hardy, while Christian Bale reprises his role as the lead superhero.
Nolan told Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex that through "The Dark Knight Rises", he wanted to create "a unified statement, a real ending, a true conclusion." The site cited that the film will present "a story where greed, hypocrisy and false justice bring down the [Gotham] city's bridges, stadium and the houses of government."
"We really wanted a cast of thousands, literally, and all of that for me is trying to represent the world in primarily visual and architectural terms," Nolan explained about the apocalyptic setting in the film. "So the thematic idea is that the superficial positivity is being eaten away from underneath; we tried to make that quite literal."
The DC Comics movie will arrive in the U.S. on July 20.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie