Burly Bane Gathers His Mercenaries in New 'Dark Knight Rises' Viral Poster
"The Dark Knight Rises" main antagonist, Bane, has spread his latest terror in a newly released viral poster. The burly terrorist is pictured from the back with a host of masked mercenaries gathering around and raising their rifles. The one-sheet, which was unveiled via IMPAwards, also has jargon that reads, "RISE."
Almost at the same time the viral poster hit the web, a new international TV spot for the Batman movie was released. The promotional video shows some new scenes, including those which see Bruce Wayne sharing some light jokes with his trusted armorer Lucius Fox.
Marking the third and final Batman movie from Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight Rises" will see Bane arriving in Gotham City and forcing the Caped Crusader to resurface after taking the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes. Playing the supervillain is Tom Hardy, while Christian Bale reprises his role as the lead superhero.
Nolan told Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex that through "The Dark Knight Rises", he wanted to create "a unified statement, a real ending, a true conclusion." The site cited that the film will present "a story where greed, hypocrisy and false justice bring down the [Gotham] city's bridges, stadium and the houses of government."
"We really wanted a cast of thousands, literally, and all of that for me is trying to represent the world in primarily visual and architectural terms," Nolan explained about the apocalyptic setting in the film. "So the thematic idea is that the superficial positivity is being eaten away from underneath; we tried to make that quite literal."
The DC Comics movie will arrive in the U.S. on July 20.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences