Video Premiere: Robert Plant and Band of Joy Perform 'Gallows Pole'
A new video of Robert Plant's performance with Band of Joy has been released in full. In the footage taken during their gig which was broadcast as a part of TV show "Live From the Artists Den", the English singer sang "Gallows Pole", a song listed on Led Zeppelin's album "Led Zeppelin III".
The Led Zeppelin frontman, Plant, assembled Band of Joy in 2010 with singer Patty Griffin and guitarist Buddy Miller as the members. He and the group have since toured around the world, during which they stopped by Nashville's historic War Memorial Auditorium in February 2011 for the public television show.
The gig encompassed Zeppelin cuts, solo material, traditional and new original songs. The video of their "Gallows Pole" performance has just been debuted to promote the release of new live DVD "Robert Plant & the Band of Joy: Live From the Artists Den" on July 10. It is the sixth concert DVD from the Artists Den.
In addition to "Gallows Pole", Plant and the Band of Joy did some other Led Zeppelin songs such as "Black Dog" and "Tangerine" on the occasion. They also offered cuts from their studio album and Plant's solo song "In the Mood".
"Some years back I was propelled by chance, with little planning or expectation into an American way ...with a lean and pull into a new direction...voices and harmony, restraint and explosion, tight and loose, great joy in great company," Plant wrote in the DVD's liner notes. "My thanks to one and all for aiding and abetting this exciting bend in the road."
Robert Plant's "Gallows Pole" Music Video
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club