James Bond Celebrates 50th Anniversary With 'Designing 007' Exhibition
The world's most famous spy movie franchise, James Bond, is celebrating its 50th anniversary. As part of the celebration, some of the most iconic items from the 007 movies were put on display at "Designing 007: 50 Years of Bond Style" exhibition at the Barbican center in London starting Thursday, July 5.
Among those which became the center pieces at the event was a recreation of actress Jil Masterson in a memorable scene from 1964's "Goldfinger". In the scene, the Bond girl was found dead on a bed by the 007 agent with her half-naked body being covered in gold.
There was also Sean Connery's wax figure which was placed beside the iconic 1964 Aston Martin DB5. Various beachwear were also exhibited, including white bikini complete with a dagger holster worn by Ursula Andress in 1962's "Dr. No", and orange two-piece donned by Halle Berry in 2002's "Die Another Day".
Many kinds of iconic properties, such as Daniel Craig's black tux in "Quantum of Solace", Pierce Brosnan's 007 passport, Christopher Lee's golden gun in "The Man with the Golden Gun", Rosa Klebb's flick-knife shoes in "From Russia With Love", were all on show as well.
Of the event, costume designer Lindy Hemming said, "This is an exhibition which deals with design in film." She added, as quoted by Daily Mail, "So we have entered the archives which EON have collected over the years and we have tried to take pieces, interesting objects which would help us to understand design in films and the objects range from gadgets, clothing, jewelry, wonderful drawings of sets and artwork."
"It is a vast array of different things. They are all themed in a world that gives you the feel of being in a Bond film," the Oscar winner continued. "Bond films have been responsible for the British film industry working constantly over the years when there were other lulls and therefore kept many technicians in employment."
The 50 Years of Bond Style exhibition is held in Barbican until September before it tours internationally. The latest installment of the British secret agent, "Skyfall", is due to hit the U.S. theaters on November 9.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service