'Once Upon a Time' Finds Its Mulan and Sleeping Beauty
Gearing up to welcome fall TV season, "Once Upon a Time" has nabbed actors to portray its fairytale characters. Jamie Chung, who is best known for her stint on MTV's reality show "The Real World: San Diego", is slated to portray Mulan, while Irish beauty Sarah Bolger is added to the cast ensemble to play Sleeping Beauty a.k.a. Princess Aurora.
As reported by Entertainment Weekly, Mulan is expected to recur in the sophomore season of the ABC fantasy series. The character, which originates from an ancient Chinese poem about Hua Mulan, is described as a deadly trained warrior, but "has a spirituality that enhances her tactical and strategic abilities." Suffering past betrayals, Mulan finds it's hard to trust others, "but once she gives her oath of friendship her loyalty knows no boundaries."
As for Sleeping Beauty, the role is also said to be a recurring character in the second season. Given her backstory in which she falls into a very deep sleep after pricking her finger on Maleficent's spinning wheel, it is likely the sinister witch will appear again on the show. Kristin Bauer has played Maleficent in the first season.
Chung previously landed a supporting role as Stu's fiance in comedy film "The Hangover Part II" and will next be seen in Joseph Gordon-Levitt-starring thriller "Premium Rush". Bolger's credits, meanwhile, include her roles as Mallory Grace in "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and as Mary Tudor on "The Tudors".
"Once Upon a Time" will return with all-new episodes later this year, but ABC has yet to announce the premiere date of season 2. The drama series will head to San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 14 and has debuted a poster that will be displayed at the convention.
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video