Britney Spears' Song 'Say What' Ft. 'X Factor (US)' Reject Emerges
Fans have to wait before Britney Spears drops a new album, but a never-before-heard song of the artist has surfaced online. Sharing the audio via SoundCloud was none other than Don Philip, who is featured in the track titled "Say What".
Philip, who was Spears' former collaborator, recently took part in "The X Factor (US)" auditions in Oakland, California. Before singing a cover of Beyonce Knowles' "Halo", he had a tearful reunion with the former Mouseketeer as saying, "I didn't think I would ever see you again."
He also made use of the occasion to come out as gay, claiming that he had been keeping the secret from Spears and many other people for several years. Despite all the dramas, Philip didn't make it to the next round since the judges gave "no" answers to him.
Philip later posted on his Facebook page, "Maybe simon [Cowell] will give me a second chance.. i was so exhausted could not sleep night before..and so scared to face britney thinking what to say.. Also i had been carrying this heavy burden..and i wanted to just let it out..so all day it was brewing..and 4 hours of interviews..left my voice done.. Simon give me another shot..like the past xfactor winner.. i can do it."
To Celebuzz, he shared, "When Britney and I did the duet, we were signed to the same label at the same time. They thought we'd be good together. We recorded two songs together, two duets. We recorded them in a little room together. She was really great in the studio; she knew what she wanted to do. She has really, really great vocals."
Philip is featured in Spears' song "I Will Still Love You" which appears on her 1999 debut album "...Baby One More Time".
More Britney Spears News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March