Sneak Peek: Nicki Minaj Films Carnival-Themed Music Video for 'Pound the Alarm'
While Americans were celebrating the Independence Day, Nicki Minaj was busy filming her new music video. The Young Money femcee was caught on camera throwing a carnival in her home country of Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday, July 4 as she's shooting the visuals for her song "Pound the Alarm".
For the filming, the Harajuku Barbie rocked a red carnival costume while flaunting her legs in fishnet stockings. She was reportedly joined by some of Soca music's biggest stars, including Machel Montano, Fay-Ann Lyons and Bunji Garlin, when parading on the streets.
Minaj was also said inviting 500 Trinidadias to take part in the making of the music video. "Nicki is calling out all her true diehards, all her barbs, must be in costume to come and recreate the festivities of Carnival to showcase for the world," so stated London Alley Entertainment, the LA company which produces the video.
To be released for digital download on July 8, "Pound the Alarm" was produced by RedOne, Carl Falk, and Rami Yacoub. It has been confirmed as the fourth single lifted off Minaj's latest studio album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded", which boasts "Starships" as its lead single.
The second installment of the hip hop artist itself has been made available for purchase in the United States since April 2. Receiving mixed views from critics, it debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Chris Brown, 2 Chainz, Cam'ron, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne and Nas are among the featured guests.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings