Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn Lozada Get Hitched on Independence Day
This year's 4th of July was extra special for Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn Lozada. The NFL player and the "Basketball Wives" star swapped wedding vows in front of family and friends. Explaining why he chose to get married on the independence day, the athlete joked, "So I'd never forget our damn anniversary."
Chad gave his Twitter followers constant updates in the minutes leading up to the wedding march. "Live tweeting from my wedding... should be a first I'm assuming, music is playing, can't see my guest right now but they're here... #nervous," he tweeted. "I don't recall sending the butterflies in my stomach and invite... and why am I shaking like I'm in Alaska."
The 34-year-old Miami Dolphins star continued, "What if @EvelynLozada is a runaway bride when I get out there and I'm stuck looking good all by myself... did I mention looking good? I'm breathing like a pregnant lady in lamaze class right now... I was hoping continuing to tweet with y'all support would calm me down."
The wedding was taped for their new VH1 show, "Ev and Ocho", premiering this September. One special guest at the ceremony was one of his female Twitter followers who recently lost her husband of 30 years. "@cheryl2958 is here n comfy in her seat at the wedding, in other news I look good than a mofo right now," the former New England Patriots star wrote.
Chad would be back to work immediately after the nuptials as stating, "No honeymoon, coming to train after wedding." He added, "I got my wife now it's time to get my game back." They threw a party to celebrate it, but there was a "small issue." He explained, "I'm the only person that didn't/doesn't drink alcohol n every 1 is wasted including my WIFE, can't relate 2 this s**t, now what?"
Chad posted a picture of him with Cheryl and showed off his wedding band and Evelyn's ring in another image.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle