Video: Pink Announces New Album's Title and Release Date
Pink has provided her fans with several updates on her upcoming studio installment. In a video posted on YouTube, the singer reveals the release date and name of her new album.
"I wanna talk to you about something really important," she opens the announcement. "My new album is coming out on, I believe, September 18 and it's called ''The Truth About Love'," the "So What" singer finally drops the news after saying "guess what" in many different ways.
In an interview aired on Australia's "Today Show", the mother of one gushed about the set, "I'm excited. I think the songs are elevated and smart and fun." She went on sharing, "The motivation for this album is love and all of the different shades of it - dark, light, happy, sad, what love can motivate you to do, just all of it. Just exploring how much it can hurt and how much it can feel good. It's not cheesy."
Serving as the lead single of the upcoming effort is "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" which was released earlier July. "Hi, world! I've got an announcement to make. My new single, off my new record, off my new life, is called 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)' and it's very exciting, I wrote it with Greg Kurstin, who is amazing. We had an incredible time," she tweeted about the track.
"The Truth About Love" will serve as a follow-up to Pink's 2010 greatest hits collection, "Greatest Hits... So Far!!!". It included new song "Raise Your Glass" which peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100.
More Pink News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'