Video: Katy Perry Performs for 4th of July Celebration
Pop singer Katy Perry famous for her playful lyrics and good look performed for Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular. The "Teenage Dream" singer delivered her hit "Firework" as pyrotechnics exploded and colored the night sky above the crowd made up of military personnel at New York's Brooklyn Navy Yard.
She says that her song was literally inspired by fireworks. She wants to evoke the same kind of awe in herself and to excite people the in the same way that fireworks do. "They're glittering and sparkling and that's the kind of person I wanna be," the singer states.
The singer wore a dress inspired by the American flag with stars that glinted and shined when lights hit them that was perfect for the occasion. Her make-up matched her outfit as she appeared with shimmering eye shadow, much like the stars on her dress.
While the song may not be completely patriotic, its lyrics "Just own the night / Like the fourth of July" clearly alludes to how the special event is typically celebrated.
Aside from "Firework", Perry performed "Part of Me" a track that was included in the re-release of her album, "Teenage Dream". The song is also the title of the gorgeous star's movie that comes out this coming Thursday, July 5. The documentary, "Katy Perry: Part of Me", includes behind-the-scene footage from her 2011 California Dreams tour.
More Katy Perry News
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach