First Official Photo of Naomi Watts as Princess Diana Released
A few days after Naomi Watts was snapped getting a Princess Diana makeover on the set of "Diana" (formerly known as "Caught in Flight"), Ecosse Films debuted a first official image of the actress as the late Princess of Wales. Coming out via Empire, the close-up photo shows Watts donning a black dress complete with Lady Di's iconic blue sapphire earrings.
Almost at the same time when the official still was unveiled, a number of new on-set pictures from the Diana biopic have made their way out online. The images were taken during the filming at a beach in Rovinj, Croatia on Wednesday, July 4. It was reported that Watts was shooting a scene where the late British royal lady and her then lover Dodi Fayed enjoyed a holiday on a yacht in St Tropez back in August 1997.
The blue-eyed actress looked fresh in a pink floral mini dress that she paired with a red handbag. At one point, she traded her nude-colored pumps with a pair of comfy white flip flops. Joining the Oscar nominee was actor Cas Anvar, who was snapped on the set for the first time as Egyptian billionaire Fayed.
Despite shooting a holiday scene, Anvar opted for a quite formal look in a khaki blazer that he paired with matching suit pants and brown leather shoes. Along with Watts, he cruised the Croatian shore on a speed boat.
In addition to Croatia, "Diana" has also been planned to be shot in Pakistan, Angola, the South of France and Paris, where Diana died in a fatal car accident with Dodi Fayed in 1997. The movie itself follows Diana's secret romance with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn, who reportedly was the love of her life.
The pair met in 1995 at the Royal Brompton Hospital, where Diana was visiting her friend who was recovering from heart surgery. Kahn kept the affair secret until he finally opened it up to The Telegraph in 2008.
Serving behind the lens is Oliver Hirschbiegel with Steven Jeffreys penning the script.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart