First Official Photo of Naomi Watts as Princess Diana Released
A few days after Naomi Watts was snapped getting a Princess Diana makeover on the set of "Diana" (formerly known as "Caught in Flight"), Ecosse Films debuted a first official image of the actress as the late Princess of Wales. Coming out via Empire, the close-up photo shows Watts donning a black dress complete with Lady Di's iconic blue sapphire earrings.
Almost at the same time when the official still was unveiled, a number of new on-set pictures from the Diana biopic have made their way out online. The images were taken during the filming at a beach in Rovinj, Croatia on Wednesday, July 4. It was reported that Watts was shooting a scene where the late British royal lady and her then lover Dodi Fayed enjoyed a holiday on a yacht in St Tropez back in August 1997.
The blue-eyed actress looked fresh in a pink floral mini dress that she paired with a red handbag. At one point, she traded her nude-colored pumps with a pair of comfy white flip flops. Joining the Oscar nominee was actor Cas Anvar, who was snapped on the set for the first time as Egyptian billionaire Fayed.
Despite shooting a holiday scene, Anvar opted for a quite formal look in a khaki blazer that he paired with matching suit pants and brown leather shoes. Along with Watts, he cruised the Croatian shore on a speed boat.
In addition to Croatia, "Diana" has also been planned to be shot in Pakistan, Angola, the South of France and Paris, where Diana died in a fatal car accident with Dodi Fayed in 1997. The movie itself follows Diana's secret romance with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn, who reportedly was the love of her life.
The pair met in 1995 at the Royal Brompton Hospital, where Diana was visiting her friend who was recovering from heart surgery. Kahn kept the affair secret until he finally opened it up to The Telegraph in 2008.
Serving behind the lens is Oliver Hirschbiegel with Steven Jeffreys penning the script.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest