Katie Holmes Denies Seeking Emergency Custody Hearing
Contrary to the swirling rumor, Katie Holmes is not filing for an emergency hearing in the child-custody battle against her estranged husband Tom Cruise. The former "Dawson's Creek" actress dismisses the report through a statement issued by her lawyer.
"Other than her action for divorce, the only pending application filed by Ms. Holmes remains her request for an anonymous caption," Jonathan Wolfe stated as quoted by PEOPLE. It means Katie wants the divorce papers filed anonymously in New York.
Katie, who's seeking for sole custody of 6-year-old Suri, reportedly submitted an "emergent application" that could rule out an out-of-court settlement. She and Tom allegedly were due to appear in court on July 17 with judge Matthew Cooper assigned to the case.
There have been a lot of rumors going around on the web since the divorce filing on June 28. One of the most recent rumors suggested the "Rock of Ages" actor didn't allow Katie to reunite with her former "Dawson's Creek" co-stars in a movie.
"[Producers] were begging her to sign on for a reunion movie," a source told Us Weekly. "Tom said absolutely no way and thought going backward would be bad." Katie reportedly "didn't care how 'low-brow' he thinks Dawson's Creek is."
In an interview on "Good Morning America" in November 2011, she indeed thought that a reunion project "would be fun." She reasoned, "I had so much fun working on that show and I loved everyone so much and I think about it with such fond memories."
More Katie Holmes News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie