Katie Holmes Denies Seeking Emergency Custody Hearing
Contrary to the swirling rumor, Katie Holmes is not filing for an emergency hearing in the child-custody battle against her estranged husband Tom Cruise. The former "Dawson's Creek" actress dismisses the report through a statement issued by her lawyer.
"Other than her action for divorce, the only pending application filed by Ms. Holmes remains her request for an anonymous caption," Jonathan Wolfe stated as quoted by PEOPLE. It means Katie wants the divorce papers filed anonymously in New York.
Katie, who's seeking for sole custody of 6-year-old Suri, reportedly submitted an "emergent application" that could rule out an out-of-court settlement. She and Tom allegedly were due to appear in court on July 17 with judge Matthew Cooper assigned to the case.
There have been a lot of rumors going around on the web since the divorce filing on June 28. One of the most recent rumors suggested the "Rock of Ages" actor didn't allow Katie to reunite with her former "Dawson's Creek" co-stars in a movie.
"[Producers] were begging her to sign on for a reunion movie," a source told Us Weekly. "Tom said absolutely no way and thought going backward would be bad." Katie reportedly "didn't care how 'low-brow' he thinks Dawson's Creek is."
In an interview on "Good Morning America" in November 2011, she indeed thought that a reunion project "would be fun." She reasoned, "I had so much fun working on that show and I loved everyone so much and I think about it with such fond memories."
More Katie Holmes News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked