Katie Holmes Denies Seeking Emergency Custody Hearing
Contrary to the swirling rumor, Katie Holmes is not filing for an emergency hearing in the child-custody battle against her estranged husband Tom Cruise. The former "Dawson's Creek" actress dismisses the report through a statement issued by her lawyer.
"Other than her action for divorce, the only pending application filed by Ms. Holmes remains her request for an anonymous caption," Jonathan Wolfe stated as quoted by PEOPLE. It means Katie wants the divorce papers filed anonymously in New York.
Katie, who's seeking for sole custody of 6-year-old Suri, reportedly submitted an "emergent application" that could rule out an out-of-court settlement. She and Tom allegedly were due to appear in court on July 17 with judge Matthew Cooper assigned to the case.
There have been a lot of rumors going around on the web since the divorce filing on June 28. One of the most recent rumors suggested the "Rock of Ages" actor didn't allow Katie to reunite with her former "Dawson's Creek" co-stars in a movie.
"[Producers] were begging her to sign on for a reunion movie," a source told Us Weekly. "Tom said absolutely no way and thought going backward would be bad." Katie reportedly "didn't care how 'low-brow' he thinks Dawson's Creek is."
In an interview on "Good Morning America" in November 2011, she indeed thought that a reunion project "would be fun." She reasoned, "I had so much fun working on that show and I loved everyone so much and I think about it with such fond memories."
More Katie Holmes News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard