Katie Holmes Denies Seeking Emergency Custody Hearing
Contrary to the swirling rumor, Katie Holmes is not filing for an emergency hearing in the child-custody battle against her estranged husband Tom Cruise. The former "Dawson's Creek" actress dismisses the report through a statement issued by her lawyer.
"Other than her action for divorce, the only pending application filed by Ms. Holmes remains her request for an anonymous caption," Jonathan Wolfe stated as quoted by PEOPLE. It means Katie wants the divorce papers filed anonymously in New York.
Katie, who's seeking for sole custody of 6-year-old Suri, reportedly submitted an "emergent application" that could rule out an out-of-court settlement. She and Tom allegedly were due to appear in court on July 17 with judge Matthew Cooper assigned to the case.
There have been a lot of rumors going around on the web since the divorce filing on June 28. One of the most recent rumors suggested the "Rock of Ages" actor didn't allow Katie to reunite with her former "Dawson's Creek" co-stars in a movie.
"[Producers] were begging her to sign on for a reunion movie," a source told Us Weekly. "Tom said absolutely no way and thought going backward would be bad." Katie reportedly "didn't care how 'low-brow' he thinks Dawson's Creek is."
In an interview on "Good Morning America" in November 2011, she indeed thought that a reunion project "would be fun." She reasoned, "I had so much fun working on that show and I loved everyone so much and I think about it with such fond memories."
More Katie Holmes News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story