Bald Matt Damon Rocks Robotic Arm in First Official Image of 'Elysium'
The first official still of Neill Blomkamp's "Elysium" has finally been uncovered. A scanned version of the image, which is originally featured in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, has made its way out onto the web, offering a better look at Matt Damon's lead character.
The "Invictus" actor plays an ex-con called Max in the upcoming sci-fier. Sporting bald head, Damon is pictured holding a big machine gun. One of his arms is seen wrapped in a bandage and covered with what looks like a robotic equipment.
"Elysium" is set in 2159 where two classes of people exist. The very wealthy live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, while the rest live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. A hard government official, Rhodes, tries to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium.
However, that doesn't stop the people of Earth from trying to get in, by any means they can. When unlucky Max is backed into a corner, he agrees to take on a daunting mission. If the mission is successful, it would not only save his life, but could also bring equality to these polarized worlds.
Damon is joined by Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, William Fichtner, Alice Braga and Diego Luna. Before opening wide in the U.S. on March 1, 2013, the actioner will hold a half hour presentation at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con during a Sony Pictures panel on Friday, July 13. Damon, Foster and Copley will be on hand at the session, which will also unveil a very first sneak peek at the film.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered