'Amazing Spider-Man' Beats Record-Holder 'Transformers' for Tuesday Opening
"The Amazing Spider-Man" is off to a great start domestically. According to Sony Pictures Entertainment, the 3D movie's U.S. and Canadian box office broke a record for Tuesday opening by taking $35 million.
Previous Tuesday debut record was held by "Transformers" that opened on July 3, 2007 with $27.8 million. The autobot movie went on accumulating $146 million in its first six days in domestic theaters.
"Amazing Spider-Man" takes in as many as $4 million from IMAX theater screenings. With the Independence Day holiday, the studio expects the movie to generate between $110 million to $120 million from Tuesday to Saturday.
The latest achievement of the "Spider-Man" installment shows that the brand still appeals to audience. The movie series about web-slinging hero have set box office records from 2002 to 2007 when Sam Raimi was the director. Marc Webb tackles the latest movie when Raimi and Sony failed to meet the middle. The first three "Spider-Man" movies netted around $2.5 billion in global box offices.
More The Amazing Spider-Man News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video