'Amazing Spider-Man' Beats Record-Holder 'Transformers' for Tuesday Opening
"The Amazing Spider-Man" is off to a great start domestically. According to Sony Pictures Entertainment, the 3D movie's U.S. and Canadian box office broke a record for Tuesday opening by taking $35 million.
Previous Tuesday debut record was held by "Transformers" that opened on July 3, 2007 with $27.8 million. The autobot movie went on accumulating $146 million in its first six days in domestic theaters.
"Amazing Spider-Man" takes in as many as $4 million from IMAX theater screenings. With the Independence Day holiday, the studio expects the movie to generate between $110 million to $120 million from Tuesday to Saturday.
The latest achievement of the "Spider-Man" installment shows that the brand still appeals to audience. The movie series about web-slinging hero have set box office records from 2002 to 2007 when Sam Raimi was the director. Marc Webb tackles the latest movie when Raimi and Sony failed to meet the middle. The first three "Spider-Man" movies netted around $2.5 billion in global box offices.
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie