'Amazing Spider-Man' Beats Record-Holder 'Transformers' for Tuesday Opening
"The Amazing Spider-Man" is off to a great start domestically. According to Sony Pictures Entertainment, the 3D movie's U.S. and Canadian box office broke a record for Tuesday opening by taking $35 million.
Previous Tuesday debut record was held by "Transformers" that opened on July 3, 2007 with $27.8 million. The autobot movie went on accumulating $146 million in its first six days in domestic theaters.
"Amazing Spider-Man" takes in as many as $4 million from IMAX theater screenings. With the Independence Day holiday, the studio expects the movie to generate between $110 million to $120 million from Tuesday to Saturday.
The latest achievement of the "Spider-Man" installment shows that the brand still appeals to audience. The movie series about web-slinging hero have set box office records from 2002 to 2007 when Sam Raimi was the director. Marc Webb tackles the latest movie when Raimi and Sony failed to meet the middle. The first three "Spider-Man" movies netted around $2.5 billion in global box offices.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked