Tom Cruise Returns Home Alone on 50th Birthday, Son Connor Tweets About Family
Tom Cruise originally wanted to spend his 50th birthday in Iceland, but changed his plan after his wife Katie Holmes filed for divorce last week. The "Mission: Impossible" star left Europe on Tuesday, July 3 when he was supposed to celebrate the milestone with his family.
Cruise boarded his private jet at around 2 in the morning and was said to be heading to his home in California. He reportedly begged his wife to go to Iceland so that he could try to resolve their issues, but Holmes refused and this led to a huge fight.
His 17-year-old son Connor, whom he adopted with then-wife Nicole Kidman, visited Cruise in Iceland around the same time Holmes submitted her divorce papers. On Sunday, the teen posted a rather cryptic statement about family. "#LaFamilia Always. Friends Come And Go, But Family Is Forever," he tweeted. His sister Isabella, has not said anything so far.
While Cruise headed to Los Angeles, Holmes was in New York with their daughter Suri. The Mother and daughter duo moved out of an apartment the actress shared with Cruise in favor of a $12,000 a month rented apartment in the Big Apple.
Holmes, who was recently photographed without her wedding ring, is seeking sole custody of 6-year-old Suri. There are speculations that her decision to divorce the "Oblivion" actor is because of Scientology, his religion.
Cruise has hired Dennis Wasser, the same lawyer who represented him when he was divorced from Kidman, to represent him in the divorce.
More Tom Cruise News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny