Tom Cruise Returns Home Alone on 50th Birthday, Son Connor Tweets About Family
Tom Cruise originally wanted to spend his 50th birthday in Iceland, but changed his plan after his wife Katie Holmes filed for divorce last week. The "Mission: Impossible" star left Europe on Tuesday, July 3 when he was supposed to celebrate the milestone with his family.
Cruise boarded his private jet at around 2 in the morning and was said to be heading to his home in California. He reportedly begged his wife to go to Iceland so that he could try to resolve their issues, but Holmes refused and this led to a huge fight.
His 17-year-old son Connor, whom he adopted with then-wife Nicole Kidman, visited Cruise in Iceland around the same time Holmes submitted her divorce papers. On Sunday, the teen posted a rather cryptic statement about family. "#LaFamilia Always. Friends Come And Go, But Family Is Forever," he tweeted. His sister Isabella, has not said anything so far.
While Cruise headed to Los Angeles, Holmes was in New York with their daughter Suri. The Mother and daughter duo moved out of an apartment the actress shared with Cruise in favor of a $12,000 a month rented apartment in the Big Apple.
Holmes, who was recently photographed without her wedding ring, is seeking sole custody of 6-year-old Suri. There are speculations that her decision to divorce the "Oblivion" actor is because of Scientology, his religion.
Cruise has hired Dennis Wasser, the same lawyer who represented him when he was divorced from Kidman, to represent him in the divorce.
More Tom Cruise News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...