Tom Cruise Returns Home Alone on 50th Birthday, Son Connor Tweets About Family
Tom Cruise originally wanted to spend his 50th birthday in Iceland, but changed his plan after his wife Katie Holmes filed for divorce last week. The "Mission: Impossible" star left Europe on Tuesday, July 3 when he was supposed to celebrate the milestone with his family.
Cruise boarded his private jet at around 2 in the morning and was said to be heading to his home in California. He reportedly begged his wife to go to Iceland so that he could try to resolve their issues, but Holmes refused and this led to a huge fight.
His 17-year-old son Connor, whom he adopted with then-wife Nicole Kidman, visited Cruise in Iceland around the same time Holmes submitted her divorce papers. On Sunday, the teen posted a rather cryptic statement about family. "#LaFamilia Always. Friends Come And Go, But Family Is Forever," he tweeted. His sister Isabella, has not said anything so far.
While Cruise headed to Los Angeles, Holmes was in New York with their daughter Suri. The Mother and daughter duo moved out of an apartment the actress shared with Cruise in favor of a $12,000 a month rented apartment in the Big Apple.
Holmes, who was recently photographed without her wedding ring, is seeking sole custody of 6-year-old Suri. There are speculations that her decision to divorce the "Oblivion" actor is because of Scientology, his religion.
Cruise has hired Dennis Wasser, the same lawyer who represented him when he was divorced from Kidman, to represent him in the divorce.
More Tom Cruise News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed