Big Sean, Pusha T, Tyga and Nicki Minaj Weigh In on Chris Brown and Drake Fight
Almost a month after Chris Brown and Drake were involved in a nasty bar brawl, fellow stars like Big Sean, Pusha T, Tyga and Nicki Minaj spoke up about the two love rivals' altercation and offered their opinion on that matter. The male rappers are good pals of Breezy, while Minaj is the labelmate of Drizzy and Tyga.
Being in the same label with Drizzy and befriending Breezy, the "Rack City" hitmaker refused to take side in the beef. "Nobody wants to see them beef," he told MTV News on the red carpet for 2012 BET Awards over the weekend. "They both make great music, they're both talented, but at the end of the day, as men, they have to figure out what they want to do."
The 22-year-old Young Money/Cash Money rhymer continued sharing his thoughts, "Chris is my brother, Drake is family too, so it's like at the end of the day, they gotta handle that like men." He elaborated his statement further, "It's like nobody else can mediate that, and it's like that's how it goes sometimes."
On the other hand, Pusha T who is signed to Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music weighed in on Breezy's Drizzy-dissing freestyle over Chief Keef's song "I Don't Like". He came to his buddy's defense, "Chris is so artistic, man. He's just a free spirit, so you just gotta like it and accept it for what it is. Lyrically, I think he gets busy. He's a writer."
Pusha's labelmate Sean, meanwhile, urged both parties to end the beef. "Hopefully they get it resolved, honestly, man. People ain't got no time for no beef," he said. "People ain't got no time to be beefin'. We workin' too hard for our fam, for our kids, our unborn kids to have a bright future. Nobody got no time for that." He added, "I'm real good friends with Chris. I'mma make sure I tell him that to his face."
Minaj, who is entangled in a beef with Lil' Kim herself, also didn't condone the fight. "I don't approve of talented people doing things that aren't conducive to an amazing career," the female rapper said as quoted by BET. "I spoke to Drake, and I told him from the bottom of my heart how I felt. I'm like, 'Baby, you are a superstar, and I need you to realize that'."
Despite lots of rumors that swirled around, the Young Money first lady was adamant her labelmate was innocent in the scuffle. "He did nothing wrong, of course. Rumors are rumors, and that's what it is," she stated. "Sometimes, you just need to go to bed. Go to the hotel and have an early nap. There's nothing wrong with that."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'