New 'Pacific Rim' Picture Unveils First Look at Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi
Another movie has released a brand new still before heading to the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. After Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" dropped a set of fresh images that offer a look at some new scenes, this time Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" unveils its latest picture that presents a first look at Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi.
Hitting the web in a form of scanned image, the still, which is featured in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, features a futuristic setting of the sci-fi movie. Rocking all-black metal costumes, Hunnam and Kikuchi are seen getting ready to start up their trusted robots called Jaegers.
In "Pacific Rim", Hunnam plays a washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus, while Kikuchi portrays an untested trainee called Mako Mori. Together, they drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. They stand as mankind's last hope when legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea and aiming to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
The fantasy movie is also supported by Idris Elba as General Stacker Pentecost, and Charlie Day as Newt Gotlieb. It is set to hold a Hall H panel at Comic-Con at 2:30-5:00 P.M. on Saturday, July 14. A July 12, 2013 U.S. release date has been set for the film.
More Pacific Rim News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'