New 'Pacific Rim' Picture Unveils First Look at Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi
Another movie has released a brand new still before heading to the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. After Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" dropped a set of fresh images that offer a look at some new scenes, this time Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" unveils its latest picture that presents a first look at Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi.
Hitting the web in a form of scanned image, the still, which is featured in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, features a futuristic setting of the sci-fi movie. Rocking all-black metal costumes, Hunnam and Kikuchi are seen getting ready to start up their trusted robots called Jaegers.
In "Pacific Rim", Hunnam plays a washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus, while Kikuchi portrays an untested trainee called Mako Mori. Together, they drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. They stand as mankind's last hope when legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea and aiming to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
The fantasy movie is also supported by Idris Elba as General Stacker Pentecost, and Charlie Day as Newt Gotlieb. It is set to hold a Hall H panel at Comic-Con at 2:30-5:00 P.M. on Saturday, July 14. A July 12, 2013 U.S. release date has been set for the film.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!