Tom Cruise Gets Brutal in First Official Trailer of 'Jack Reacher'
Tom Cruise lets out his inner cold-blooded killer persona in the first official trailer for "Jack Reacher". Storming the city with a red 1970 Chevelle SS, Cruise's titular character becomes a sort of most feared vigilante who doesn't hesitate to break some bones.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims.
The movie is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel. Cruise's casting as Reacher initially sparked controversy among fans of the book. The character is described as a 6-foot-5 man, while the estranged husband of Katie Holmes is only 5-foot-7.
Defending himself, Cruise once said, "For those of you who know the books, I'm obviously not 6-foot-5, like Jack Reacher. But Lee felt that I was the right guy to drive fast cars and kick the s*** out of people onscreen."
Written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, "Jack Reacher" is due to open in the U.S. on December 21. McQuarrie recently told Entertainment Weekly that Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person."
"He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory