Tom Cruise Gets Brutal in First Official Trailer of 'Jack Reacher'
Tom Cruise lets out his inner cold-blooded killer persona in the first official trailer for "Jack Reacher". Storming the city with a red 1970 Chevelle SS, Cruise's titular character becomes a sort of most feared vigilante who doesn't hesitate to break some bones.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims.
The movie is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel. Cruise's casting as Reacher initially sparked controversy among fans of the book. The character is described as a 6-foot-5 man, while the estranged husband of Katie Holmes is only 5-foot-7.
Defending himself, Cruise once said, "For those of you who know the books, I'm obviously not 6-foot-5, like Jack Reacher. But Lee felt that I was the right guy to drive fast cars and kick the s*** out of people onscreen."
Written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, "Jack Reacher" is due to open in the U.S. on December 21. McQuarrie recently told Entertainment Weekly that Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person."
"He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
More Jack Reacher News
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover