Tom Cruise Gets Brutal in First Official Trailer of 'Jack Reacher'
Tom Cruise lets out his inner cold-blooded killer persona in the first official trailer for "Jack Reacher". Storming the city with a red 1970 Chevelle SS, Cruise's titular character becomes a sort of most feared vigilante who doesn't hesitate to break some bones.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims.
The movie is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel. Cruise's casting as Reacher initially sparked controversy among fans of the book. The character is described as a 6-foot-5 man, while the estranged husband of Katie Holmes is only 5-foot-7.
Defending himself, Cruise once said, "For those of you who know the books, I'm obviously not 6-foot-5, like Jack Reacher. But Lee felt that I was the right guy to drive fast cars and kick the s*** out of people onscreen."
Written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, "Jack Reacher" is due to open in the U.S. on December 21. McQuarrie recently told Entertainment Weekly that Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person."
"He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
More Jack Reacher News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer