Jake Owen and Newly-Wedded Wife Expecting Baby Girl
Almost two months into his marriage, Jake Owen announced that his wife Lacey Buchanan is pregnant with their first child. The 30-year-old country singer will welcome a baby girl in November.
"We actually found out Lacey was pregnant after I had asked her dad for his permission," Owen told People. "From the day I met her, there was no doubt in my mind I wanted to marry her, and we always knew we wanted a family."
Owen proposed to Buchanan in April during a charity concert at Vero Beach High, Florida. "The way we saw it, the baby news was a bonus on top of the engagement, but we didn't want anyone to think we were getting married because Lacey was pregnant, and we wanted to celebrate our wedding first," he said.
They got married barefooted in a beachfront ceremony held his hometown of Vero Beach, Fla. on May 7. "We didn't want to go public with it until we found out if it was a boy or a girl. The pregnancy was just something we wanted to keep for ourselves for a little while," he explained why he didn't reveal it earlier.
"Not only do I have a beautiful wife I get to spend my life with, I'm getting a baby too!" Owen gushed. "You know with other people's babies, they'll say, 'Do you want to hold the baby?' And I always am excited to do that, but then you have to give the baby back. Now we get to keep the baby!"
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too