Justin Bieber Joins Carly Rae Jepsen and Flo Rida as 2012 Teen Choice Awards Performers
The 2012 Teen Choice Awards has announced some of its starry musical performers. On Monday, July 2, the organizer confirmed that pop sensation Justin Bieber was set to take on the stage during the upcoming July 22 event.
The "Boyfriend" hitmaker will join other performers, including Carly Rae Jepsen, Flo Rida and No Doubt. "Jersey Shore" star DJ Pauly D, meanwhile, will serve as "Choice" DJ for the prize-giving show.
Fans have been expecting the Canadian popstar to deliver a special performance during the ceremony, especially because the show will take place on the day his girlfriend Selena Gomez celebrates her 20th birthday. The former Disney darling herself has confirmed her attendance at the event.
Bieber earns multiple nominations for this year's Teen Choice Awards in music category. He is set to compete with Drake, Bruno Mars, Pitbull and Blake Shelton in Choice Male Artist, as well as gets nominated for Choice Single by a Male Artist.
Scheduled to air live on FOX on Sunday, July 22 at 8:00-10:00 P.M. ET, this year's Teen Choice Awards celebrates the hottest teen icons in television, music, film, sports, fashion, comedy and the web. The show is produced by Paul Flattery and Kelly Brock.
Among the stars scheduled to attend the big event are Zooey Deschanel, Lea Michele, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Josh Hutcherson, Zac Efron, Ellen DeGeneres, Tyler Posey, Gordon Ramsay, Laura Marano, Vanessa Marano, Jordin Sparks, Victoria Justice, Lucy Hale and Ashley Benson.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences