Alec Baldwin Is Back on Twitter, Makes $1 Million Donation
After briefly reported to have ditched Twitter on Monday, July 2, Alec Baldwin returned to the micro-blogging site with a new handler, @ABFalecbaldwin. On his newly-revived account, he informed his followers that he donated $1 million to New York Philharmonic as his "deepest love and respect to" Zarin Mehta, outgoing Executive Director of the symphony orchestra. He himself is a member of its board.
"I have loved classical music all of my life, but Zarin Mehta made my dream of becoming part of the world of classical music come true," he said. "I will miss working with him directly, but will always bear in mind his passion, commitment, and insight as I continue my work with the New York Philharmonic. Zarin has my best wishes for the future, and I look forward to continuing our rich, musical friendship."
The donation was taken from the proceeds of Baldwin's Capital One campaign in support of arts. Mehta, who would step down from his position as Philharmonic's director at the end of 2011-12 season, stated he was humbled by the donation. "[It] inspires me to continue to contribute to the art form in any way I can," he added.
In the wake of his wedding to Hilaria Thomas, Baldwin appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair's August issue. In an interview for its cover story, the "30 Rock" actor revealed his hatred for TMZ honcho Harvey Levin and how he wanted to kill the man who leaked an angry voicemail he left for his teen daughter Ireland.
"I wanted to stick a knife in him and gut him and kill him, and I wanted him to die breathing his last breath looking into my eyes," the 54-year-old newlywed said of his fantasy to finish Levin. He also wanted to murder his ex-wife Kim Basinger's lawyer "with a baseball bat." He's, however, over it now as saying, "You have to let that go. Enough time - I mean, it does heal wounds."
The actor, who had confrontations with paparazzi twice last month, acknowledged his hot-tempered personality that sometimes led him to act "unreasonably" and "childishly." He said, "You know, Hollywood does draw some very strange characters, and then the power of Hollywood and what they can do with it becomes like a blood sport to them."
More Alec Baldwin News
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party