'Eastbound and Down' Will Return for Fourth Season
Another show has secured a new season order from HBO. It has been confirmed that the network picked up "Eastbound & Down", which is produced by Will Ferrell's production company Gary Sanchez Productions, for a fourth season consisting of another eight episodes.
The news was in contrary to what co-creator and star Danny McBride hinted at when talking about the show's future post the third season "We've always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," he said at PaleyFest earlier this year, sparking rumors that the comedy series would end after the third season.
The Kenny Powers depicter on the critics' darling added, "HBO definitely wants us, and [co-creator] Jody Hill and I love writing for the show. But there is other stuff we'd like to do. Both of us are ready to make jokes concerning people who don't have strange haircuts."
"Eastbound & Down" joins two other comedies, "Veep" and "Girls", which have been renewed earlier by HBO. The network also has just given a renewal to two drama series, "True Blood" and "The Newsroom".
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune