'Eastbound and Down' Will Return for Fourth Season
Another show has secured a new season order from HBO. It has been confirmed that the network picked up "Eastbound & Down", which is produced by Will Ferrell's production company Gary Sanchez Productions, for a fourth season consisting of another eight episodes.
The news was in contrary to what co-creator and star Danny McBride hinted at when talking about the show's future post the third season "We've always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," he said at PaleyFest earlier this year, sparking rumors that the comedy series would end after the third season.
The Kenny Powers depicter on the critics' darling added, "HBO definitely wants us, and [co-creator] Jody Hill and I love writing for the show. But there is other stuff we'd like to do. Both of us are ready to make jokes concerning people who don't have strange haircuts."
"Eastbound & Down" joins two other comedies, "Veep" and "Girls", which have been renewed earlier by HBO. The network also has just given a renewal to two drama series, "True Blood" and "The Newsroom".
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper