'Eastbound and Down' Will Return for Fourth Season
Another show has secured a new season order from HBO. It has been confirmed that the network picked up "Eastbound & Down", which is produced by Will Ferrell's production company Gary Sanchez Productions, for a fourth season consisting of another eight episodes.
The news was in contrary to what co-creator and star Danny McBride hinted at when talking about the show's future post the third season "We've always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," he said at PaleyFest earlier this year, sparking rumors that the comedy series would end after the third season.
The Kenny Powers depicter on the critics' darling added, "HBO definitely wants us, and [co-creator] Jody Hill and I love writing for the show. But there is other stuff we'd like to do. Both of us are ready to make jokes concerning people who don't have strange haircuts."
"Eastbound & Down" joins two other comedies, "Veep" and "Girls", which have been renewed earlier by HBO. The network also has just given a renewal to two drama series, "True Blood" and "The Newsroom".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'