'Eastbound and Down' Will Return for Fourth Season
Another show has secured a new season order from HBO. It has been confirmed that the network picked up "Eastbound & Down", which is produced by Will Ferrell's production company Gary Sanchez Productions, for a fourth season consisting of another eight episodes.
The news was in contrary to what co-creator and star Danny McBride hinted at when talking about the show's future post the third season "We've always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," he said at PaleyFest earlier this year, sparking rumors that the comedy series would end after the third season.
The Kenny Powers depicter on the critics' darling added, "HBO definitely wants us, and [co-creator] Jody Hill and I love writing for the show. But there is other stuff we'd like to do. Both of us are ready to make jokes concerning people who don't have strange haircuts."
"Eastbound & Down" joins two other comedies, "Veep" and "Girls", which have been renewed earlier by HBO. The network also has just given a renewal to two drama series, "True Blood" and "The Newsroom".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart