'Eastbound and Down' Will Return for Fourth Season
Another show has secured a new season order from HBO. It has been confirmed that the network picked up "Eastbound & Down", which is produced by Will Ferrell's production company Gary Sanchez Productions, for a fourth season consisting of another eight episodes.
The news was in contrary to what co-creator and star Danny McBride hinted at when talking about the show's future post the third season "We've always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," he said at PaleyFest earlier this year, sparking rumors that the comedy series would end after the third season.
The Kenny Powers depicter on the critics' darling added, "HBO definitely wants us, and [co-creator] Jody Hill and I love writing for the show. But there is other stuff we'd like to do. Both of us are ready to make jokes concerning people who don't have strange haircuts."
"Eastbound & Down" joins two other comedies, "Veep" and "Girls", which have been renewed earlier by HBO. The network also has just given a renewal to two drama series, "True Blood" and "The Newsroom".
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March