Katie Holmes Returns to Work After Divorce Filing, Removes Wedding Ring
Katie Holmes has come out of her hiding and made her first public appearance since filing for divorce from Tom Cruise. The mother of one taped a "Project Runway: All Stars" appearance at the Parson's School of Design on Monday, July 2 in New York City.
"The Son of No One" actress stepped out without her wedding ring, and she made no attempt to hide it. The 33-year-old brunette beauty wore a navy-blue long-sleeved dress with a black collar, pairing it with animal-print heeled sandals. She arranged her long hair in a ponytail.
A source testified to Us Weekly, "She looked really sad and was looking at the ground the whole time." Despite her personal woes, the "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" star did "great" at the taping, so PEOPLE quoted another eyewitness.
Katie filed for divorce from Tom, 49, on Thursday, June 28, but mentioned in the papers that their marriage had "irretrievably" been broken at least 6 months prior. She asked for sole custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri reportedly due to her estranged husband's fierce ties to Scientology.
Rumors suggested Katie and Suri were stalked by members of Scientology following her separation from Tom, but the church denied it. Latest report by TMZ said the actress fired her old bodyguards because of their allegiance to the "Oblivion" actor.
She was reportedly last seen with the men, who guarded Tom before working as her full-time security team, two days before the divorce filing. When she's back to work in downtown Manhattan for "Project Runway", she had new guys guarding her.
More Katie Holmes News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event