Katie Holmes Returns to Work After Divorce Filing, Removes Wedding Ring
Katie Holmes has come out of her hiding and made her first public appearance since filing for divorce from Tom Cruise. The mother of one taped a "Project Runway: All Stars" appearance at the Parson's School of Design on Monday, July 2 in New York City.
"The Son of No One" actress stepped out without her wedding ring, and she made no attempt to hide it. The 33-year-old brunette beauty wore a navy-blue long-sleeved dress with a black collar, pairing it with animal-print heeled sandals. She arranged her long hair in a ponytail.
A source testified to Us Weekly, "She looked really sad and was looking at the ground the whole time." Despite her personal woes, the "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" star did "great" at the taping, so PEOPLE quoted another eyewitness.
Katie filed for divorce from Tom, 49, on Thursday, June 28, but mentioned in the papers that their marriage had "irretrievably" been broken at least 6 months prior. She asked for sole custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri reportedly due to her estranged husband's fierce ties to Scientology.
Rumors suggested Katie and Suri were stalked by members of Scientology following her separation from Tom, but the church denied it. Latest report by TMZ said the actress fired her old bodyguards because of their allegiance to the "Oblivion" actor.
She was reportedly last seen with the men, who guarded Tom before working as her full-time security team, two days before the divorce filing. When she's back to work in downtown Manhattan for "Project Runway", she had new guys guarding her.
More Katie Holmes News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child