Katy Perry Hypnotizes Thousands of Fans in New 'Part of Me' Movie Clip
Just days before its U.S. release, "Katy Perry: Part of Me" unveils a brand new clip. Coming out via Yahoo! Movies, the snippet shows Katy Perry delivering a colorful and spectacular stage performance in front of thousands of screaming fans. Performing her hit single "Firework", the pop sensation looks playful in a white leotard which is adorned with colorful light bulbs.
"Katy Perry: Part of Me" is designed as a concert-documentary movie hybrid. It aims to show Katy's life on and off the stage as well as gives a fan's perspective on the popstar. The estranged wife of Russell Brand admitted that she had no problem being seen waking up without makeup in the movie.
"I'm OK with showing what's behind the curtain," the Californian singer recently shared to Reuters. "I'm OK with showing that side of me because it helps people relate (to me) better and think of me as a human being."
Katy opened up that through the movie, she wanted to share her personal life with her fans including her failed marriage with Brand. "I wanted to share it with my fans, but I didn't know in what capacity it would be," she said.
"There's no way to control that, and you have to accept that this is part of the job," the 27-year-old songstress continued. "But I was careful every step of the way ... we're both trying to keep (the divorce) between each other."
Through the concert documentary film, she also hoped that her fans could learn that "if you have problems, it's OK and you're not alone in what you think are your unique problems." She added, "I can't always be the candy queen, so maybe it's time for a little bit more meat and potatoes."
"Katy Perry: Part of Me" will open nationwide on July 5.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy