First Photos: Naomi Watts Looks Stunning as Princess Diana on 'Caught in Flight' Set
Naomi Watts oozed her inner royal lady on the set of Princess Diana biopic, "Caught in Flight". Filming a scene in Croatia on Monday, July 2, the 43-year-old actress was snapped getting a Lady Di makeover complete with the late princess' signature short wavy blond haircut and classy outfit.
The "J. Edgar" actress looked stunningly elegant in a golden long dress that she paired with a black clutch and peep-toe heels. The Kent-born star finished off her look with a set of diamond jewelries. Looking all smiles, she was spotted shooting what seems to be a scene where the Princess of Wales attends a red carpet event.
Back in February, Watts enthused that she's thrilled to portray the late mother of Prince William and Harry in the biopic. "It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role," so the blue-eyed actress gushed. "Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen."
"Caught in Flight" itself follows Diana's secret romance with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn, who reportedly was "the love of her life." The pair met in 1995 at the Royal Brompton Hospital, where Diana was visiting her friend who was recovering from heart surgery. Kahn kept the affair secret until he finally opened it up to The Telegraph in 2008.
Serving behind the lens is Oliver Hirschbiegel with Steven Jeffreys penning the script. Of why he chose Watts to tackle the coveted role, director Hirschbiegel said that the Oscar nominee was "a truly exceptional actress" who embodied "the warmth, humanity and empathy" of the "global icon" Princess Diana.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her