First Photos: Naomi Watts Looks Stunning as Princess Diana on 'Caught in Flight' Set
Naomi Watts oozed her inner royal lady on the set of Princess Diana biopic, "Caught in Flight". Filming a scene in Croatia on Monday, July 2, the 43-year-old actress was snapped getting a Lady Di makeover complete with the late princess' signature short wavy blond haircut and classy outfit.
The "J. Edgar" actress looked stunningly elegant in a golden long dress that she paired with a black clutch and peep-toe heels. The Kent-born star finished off her look with a set of diamond jewelries. Looking all smiles, she was spotted shooting what seems to be a scene where the Princess of Wales attends a red carpet event.
Back in February, Watts enthused that she's thrilled to portray the late mother of Prince William and Harry in the biopic. "It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role," so the blue-eyed actress gushed. "Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen."
"Caught in Flight" itself follows Diana's secret romance with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn, who reportedly was "the love of her life." The pair met in 1995 at the Royal Brompton Hospital, where Diana was visiting her friend who was recovering from heart surgery. Kahn kept the affair secret until he finally opened it up to The Telegraph in 2008.
Serving behind the lens is Oliver Hirschbiegel with Steven Jeffreys penning the script. Of why he chose Watts to tackle the coveted role, director Hirschbiegel said that the Oscar nominee was "a truly exceptional actress" who embodied "the warmth, humanity and empathy" of the "global icon" Princess Diana.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo